PDA

View Full Version : Ederle

Chicken of the Sea
October 3rd, 2011, 12:16 AM
I'm as proud as punch of my fellow Promontory Point swimmer, Evan Morrison (EVMO), for winning the 17.5 mile Ederle swim in New York today! In doing so, he broke the record for the Sandy Hook, NJ to South Cove, Manhattan record.

Swimsuit Addict also made a mockery of what looked like some very choppy conditions. She is FAST.

I followed the race on the nycswim.org website and all the swimmers did a wonderful job. It was a pleasure to watch the swimmers gps blips!

swimsuit addict
October 3rd, 2011, 08:59 AM
Congrats to Evan on his great swim and new record!!

:applaud::applaud::applaud:

evmo
October 3rd, 2011, 09:21 AM
This 'swimsuit addict' person.... I do hope she'll keep up with this Open Water Swimming business. I believe she's got what it takes :)

Seriously, though, Janet had a great day. Congrats to everyone (including 9 CIBBOWS!) who jumped in and gave it a shot yesterday. It's an intimidating distance, more so when you traverse it by boat right beforehand.

Thanks to NYC Swim for an event so well organized it survived an unexpected weather postponement and withdrawal of several boaters & kayakers.

mjtyson
October 3rd, 2011, 11:48 AM
Evan did an incredible job, hell, he had an incredible season. Waiting for the book. "I started out just wanting to lose some extra weight. Then I went on and won Tampa and Ederle."

Chicken of the Sea
October 3rd, 2011, 01:42 PM
This 'swimsuit addict' person.... I do hope she'll keep up with this Open Water Swimming business. I believe she's got what it takes :)

Seriously, though, Janet had a great day. Congrats to everyone (including 9 CIBBOWS!) who jumped in and gave it a shot yesterday. It's an intimidating distance, more so when you traverse it by boat right beforehand.

Thanks to NYC Swim for an event so well organized it survived an unexpected weather postponement and withdrawal of several boaters & kayakers.

SO many CIBBOWS. NO Aussies. I'm ashamed of myself for not swimming.
Did you know Swimsuit Addict swam it IM?

swimsuit addict
October 3rd, 2011, 03:15 PM
SO many CIBBOWS. NO Aussies. I'm ashamed of myself for not swimming.
Did you know Swimsuit Addict swam it IM?

Is October 3 the Aussie equivalent of April Fools Day? ;)