Does your team hold a practice?

What do you do??

I need some innovation..

Karl_S
October 27th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Does your team hold a practice?

What do you do??

I need some innovation..

Maybe do the Independence Day Challenge.
U.S. Masters Swimming Discussion Forums - View Single Post - Independence Day challenge
Call it the New Year's Day Challenge.

kgernert
October 27th, 2011, 02:01 PM
We typically do have "practice" on New Year's Day. It's later than normal and typically fairly well attended. Of course, that's because it's a shortened practice (more like a longer meet warm-up) and then we have a Men vs. Women meet. All of the 200 yard or less events are placed into a hat. As each event is drawn, each gender selects three people to swim (with a maximum of 3 events per person, so everyone has a chance to swim regardless of ability). Of course, we also thrown in events like the Waterlogged Sweatshirt relay (with upwards of 15 swimmers per side - or however many of each gender show up at the pool).

It's a fun, relaxed way to start the New Year - and, we finish with a pitch-in brunch. :chug:

Celestial
October 28th, 2011, 10:23 AM
We typically do have "practice" on New Year's Day. It's later than normal and typically fairly well attended. Of course, that's because it's a shortened practice (more like a longer meet warm-up) and then we have a Men vs. Women meet. All of the 200 yard or less events are placed into a hat. As each event is drawn, each gender selects three people to swim (with a maximum of 3 events per person, so everyone has a chance to swim regardless of ability). Of course, we also thrown in events like the Waterlogged Sweatshirt relay (with upwards of 15 swimmers per side - or however many of each gender show up at the pool).

It's a fun, relaxed way to start the New Year - and, we finish with a pitch-in brunch. :chug:

This sounds so much more fun than what we do. We always to 50 x 100 - each year it's a bit different. And we always do it on NY eve, since the pools are all closed around here on the 1st. It's always very challenging, and boring. Last year was better, they actually threw in some IM's, but usually, it's like 10 x 100 on the 1:40, then you do a variety of intervals to kinda help you remember where you are, and there are always a few 100's on the 1:10 to get the blood pumping. I'm gonna see if I can shake things up a bit with your workout this year! :)

orca1946
October 31st, 2011, 12:25 PM
No we do not! It seems as if TOO many of us can't get up for that time of day after being out/awake from the night before!:bed::chug:

fmracing
October 31st, 2011, 12:31 PM
I stay in bed all day and sleep the hangover/alcohol poisoning away. :angel: