PDA

View Full Version : Need help translating this documentary on Michael Phelps

Couroboros
November 1st, 2011, 02:57 AM
So, I stumbled across this multi-part documentary on YouTube Serie "Miracle Body" - Michael Phelps - Parte 1 - YouTube.

Only thing is, it's in SPANISH! AAAARGH, I'm sure you all understand how frustrating it is to watch Bob Bowman obviously talking about technique and not understand what the hell he's saying.

Now I wish I had paid attention in high school foreign language. :bitching:

Who here is fluent in Spanish? Could you provide the forum with a transcript? :) It would be mucho appreciado.

__steve__
November 1st, 2011, 09:13 AM
Underwater skill,and I don't speak Spanish

Chow

MSwan
November 1st, 2011, 05:16 PM
It looks like it was part of a Discovery Channel series played only in Canada in 2008. Each segment was about 45 minutes long. It sounds very interesting. I can't find it, but I'll keep looking because I'd also love to see it. Here's a link to a discussion about it on a different website.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/cgi-bin/gforum.cgi?post=1978320

jaadams1
November 1st, 2011, 07:49 PM
So, I stumbled across this multi-part documentary on YouTube Serie "Miracle Body" - Michael Phelps - Parte 1 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzvb-DOrb_o&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL15E8D1668447F6E9).

Only thing is, it's in SPANISH! AAAARGH, I'm sure you all understand how frustrating it is to watch Bob Bowman obviously talking about technique and not understand what the hell he's saying.

Now I wish I had paid attention in high school foreign language. :bitching:

Who here is fluent in Spanish? Could you provide the forum with a transcript? :) It would be mucho appreciado.

Well, I understand it, but as far as translating it for everyone that would be a bit much for me, and would take a while, though I could probably translate about 70-80% of it.

quicksilver
November 1st, 2011, 09:03 PM
It would be mucho appreciado. They were saying that if he were to grow a beard that the Dos Equis man will have a new replacement. Unfortunately the facial hair will slow him down. And he should really try and break some more records before retiring.

Bowman strongly agrees. And hopes that he will make enough endorsement money to support him through his old age. Because honestly, he's not very good at anything else but swimming.

orca1946
November 1st, 2011, 10:36 PM
his upper torso is longer than most, which helps in swimming.
He has big feet & muscles to make them work for him.
No, I can just get thru French sometimes.