PDA

View Full Version : Who are the forum moderators?

aztimm
November 14th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Is there a list somewhere of who they are?

On other forums I participate in, at the bottom of each forum are the usernames of the moderators of that forum. The moderators also have the title, "Moderator," beside their username when they post. I see neither of these on the USMS forums.

Thanks!

Rob Copeland
November 14th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Tim,

To the best of my knowledge there is not a published list of U.S. Masters Swimming Discussion Forum moderators. There may be a way to search for it, but Iíve personally never tried.

I am one of our forum moderators, and while Iím not much into titles, I have no real issue being tagged as a moderator. However, since 95%+ of my posts are as a swimmer, coach, local/national volunteer or just a general swimming enthusiast, the title of moderator seems less appropriate then that of Very Active Member. My concern is that opinions I express as Rob Copeland, swimming enthusiast, could be misconstrued as ďstatements made by the moderator.Ē I would hate to curtail a lively discussion, because people felt that the moderator has spoken.

If you have any questions about specific actions of our moderators, please feel free to contact me and Iíll do my best to get these answered.

thewookiee
November 14th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Rob,

I love the new photo of you. You look very intense. :-)

Wook.

ALM
November 14th, 2011, 05:21 PM

I think that was taken during Rob's English Channel swim... It must have been time for a feeding. :)

__steve__
November 14th, 2011, 05:24 PM
You have some periodontal inflammation though. But how does a shark floss?

thewookiee
November 14th, 2011, 05:30 PM
You have some periodontal inflammation though. But how does a shark floss?

Rob must use Geek for flossing. Small enough to get between the teeth but not big enough to help.

Rob Copeland
November 14th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Rob,

Wook.Thanks! I was trying to show my warm and cuddly side.

thewookiee
November 14th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Thanks! I was trying to show my warm and cuddly side.

I think that photo captures it perfectly!

swimmerb212
November 14th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Maybe instead of labels, all the moderators could use images of sharks.

geochuck
November 17th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Just wondering Rob did you feel cold in the Channel. I shivered longer than in any coldwater swim when I swam in Alexandria Egypt water temp in the 80s after I finished the 44 kilometer race. Shivering may have been caused by dehydration