PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Ocean Swim-thoughts?

sydned
November 18th, 2011, 09:35 PM
http://www.tokyotimes.co.jp/post/en/2692/First+man+to+swim+across+the+Pacific+starts+from+T okyo.html

chaos
November 18th, 2011, 10:02 PM
wetsuit, cage, shark shield........ sorry, no interest here.

best of luck to him though.

E=H2O
November 19th, 2011, 12:11 AM
"An electronics fitted mask enabled with voice recognition software will enable him to take phone calls while swimming."!!!!!!!!

sydned
November 19th, 2011, 07:18 AM
Taking calls while swimming--he's the ultimate multi-tasker. When else will he have time to talk to the press?

Chaos--agreed.

evmo
November 19th, 2011, 01:02 PM
It's a mildly intriguing stunt, but I'd need to see how much draft he gets from his boat before I call it "swimming."

Oops, I didn't mean to say stunt. I forgot, there's a more politically correct term nowadays: Adventure Swimming!

chaos
November 19th, 2011, 01:19 PM
It's a mildly intriguing stunt, but I'd need to see how much draft he gets from his boat before I call it "swimming."

Oops, I didn't mean to say stunt. I forgot, there's a more politically correct term nowadays: Adventure Swimming!

indeed, i think this might be the reason why no one i know has heard of his atlantic ocean tour.

Chicken of the Sea
November 20th, 2011, 10:36 PM
"An electronics fitted mask enabled with voice recognition software will enable him to take phone calls while swimming."!!!!!!!!

I thought there was a reason why we like to stick our heads underwater for hours on end..so we don't bother with things like phone calls!

Viva O Fear
November 21st, 2011, 09:40 PM
wow, someone is paying a lot of money to do this? Who? Best of luck have fun, swim , swim , swim and more.

swimthegoodfight
November 22nd, 2011, 02:51 PM
my first thought when i see these swims is does their CV include completions of the english channel, catalina channel, irish channel, cook straits, gibraltar and / or manhattan island?

if they don't have one of the standards on their resume, i presume it is because they cannot successfully complete one of these marathon swim standards.