PDA

View Full Version : Ocean Swim at Laguna Beach

Hoosier
December 2nd, 2011, 11:56 AM
Just back from visiting my daughter in Los Angeles. During our visit was invited to a morning swim on Sunday at Laguna Beach. I just want to say what a great bunch of people! I have never really swam in the ocean, nor have I swam in water below 69 degrees. Cant say that anymore! Although I only went about a mile, far less than the group, my first time thru a kelp bed was a heart beating experience, that and the 59 degree water was enough to keep my attention! (no wetsuit here) Thanks to the loan of a neoprene cap (those things are awesome) it was all great fun. The layed back approach of the group (hey, this is a no judgment group, you get out there and you say holy crap and want to turn back no one is going to say a thing) the laughs before and after made for a great experience. Swimmers are the best!:applaud:

San Diego Steve
February 26th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Saw your thread. I'll be up in Laguna Beach next weekend (March 2 - 4). Where did that Laguna group meet? What time on Sunday? Thanks!

Hoosier
February 28th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Steve, I was at the swim as a guest of my daughter, she would have more information on the group. You can get ahold of her as she is one of the online coaches, posting workouts. her name is Mallory Mead, just email her direct or post on her workouts forum. Good luck.