PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Else Like The Smell Of Chlorine?

UKswimmer
October 27th, 2003, 08:12 PM
I know it sounds strange, but I think I actually like the smell of chlorine. Maybe it is because the smell has just become associated with thoughts of training and having a good time and it is that, that I am really liking not the smell...

jean sterling
October 27th, 2003, 08:49 PM
I have to admit that the smell of chlorine is pleasant to me as it is a very nostalgic smell of a childhood spent in indoor pools. Now I swim almost entirely in outdoor pools which don't give off that (ahhhh!) same smell as an indoor pool does.

Shaky
October 27th, 2003, 09:00 PM
Count me in.

laineybug
October 27th, 2003, 09:20 PM
me too

heydavis
October 27th, 2003, 10:54 PM
I get nostalgic with thoughts of my swimming childhood when I bleach a load of whites... Love the smell!

Jc2000
October 27th, 2003, 11:06 PM
I like it, too. What I don't like is what it does to my skin & my swim suit!

UKswimmer
October 27th, 2003, 11:54 PM
good - I am glad I am not strange then!...

aquageek
October 28th, 2003, 06:14 AM
You are all strange, I'm going on record.

I used to play basketball a lot and I don't harken back to the wonderful aromas of sweaty smelly locker rooms post game.

Ian
October 28th, 2003, 07:14 AM
I'll have to tell me wife about this post. She thinks I am the only one.

Shaky
October 28th, 2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by aquageek
I used to play basketball a lot and I don't harken back to the wonderful aromas of sweaty smelly locker rooms post game.

Silly comparison. It's like saying you shouldn't like the smell of food cooking because you used to work in a restaurant and was disgusted by the smell of the grease pit out back.

I not only like the smell of chlorine, but I like the smell of chlorine on a woman's skin. I also like that cool, dry feeling it leaves on a woman's skin. It's sexy.

aquageek
October 28th, 2003, 12:21 PM
Shaky - seek professional aroma therapy!!!

jerrycat
October 28th, 2003, 02:46 PM
the smell of chlorine makes me want to get out there and noodle!

(naw, not really...)

It does make me want to get in though...and makes me feel very sad if I can't!

sparx35
October 28th, 2003, 02:53 PM
i sometimes have electrical work to do at pig farms in uk......
i like the smell of chlorine ...

Tom Ellison
October 28th, 2003, 04:55 PM
Gosh, are we going to dilute the chlorine and toss the Polo in the trash and use "Swimmers Cologne" from now on? Heck, if they sold that smell in a bottle, I'd buy it...
Would not, would to, would not, would to...hush up, who’s writing this anyway….

WaterRat
October 28th, 2003, 05:30 PM
You just got to love the smell of chlorine!

After a workout, I sometimes catch myself smelling my forearm just did get another whiff. Unfortunately, the wife prefers the unscented version.

JC_FLY
October 31st, 2003, 06:00 PM
I love the smell of chlorine. at my school the smell is really distictive, IDK Y, but I like it.

dulfin
December 7th, 2003, 06:09 PM
This is hilarious!

Do you think there may be a support group somewhere out there for us?

How bizarre....sniff, sniff....close your eyes and take a deep breath....ahhhhhhhhh......

Ok, count me in too.

Blue Horn
December 8th, 2003, 08:12 PM
This is to funny. I love the smell of chlorine, and my wife thinks I am a nut. I was starting to think I was the only one.

Hook'em
Blue

Conniekat8
December 9th, 2003, 12:48 AM
Is this like a group of pavlovian swimmers?
(yea, count me in)

See what happens, even the smell of chlorine can become pleasureable (jsust add repetition and a dose of endorphens).

Mmmmmm, chocolat... I mean, chlorine. ;)

rafa
December 9th, 2003, 10:00 AM
i must admit that i love the smell of chlorine. i thought it was weird, but it kind of makes me feel good when i approach a swimming pool and can smell the chlorine.

swimr4life
December 9th, 2003, 10:25 AM
I love the smell of chlorine too! I think the reason we all have this strange, beautiful love is that we attach all the good feelings we get from this wonderful sport to the smell that accompanies it.....kind of a "swimmers aromatherapy"!? I know when I had shoulder surgery and could not swim for about 6 months the smell of bleach when I washed my whites brought tears to my eyes because I missed swimming so much. I used to sniff the bleach to get a "quick fix"! HAHA ;) :D