PDA

View Full Version : Go The Distance Mesh Bags

ALM
December 20th, 2011, 04:57 PM
For all of you who have earned your 250-mile mesh bag in the Go The Distance fitness event, we have been informed by our vendor that the bags have been on back order for the last several months. They are expecting to receive a shipment of bags sometime in the next couple of weeks and when they do they will mail them out.
:presents2:

jethro
December 20th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Awesome! Since I'm at 420 miles now, I was wondering whatever happened to mine, but I'm not one to complain about not receiving something given at no cost to me.

Thank you for the update. :)

couldbebetterfly
December 20th, 2011, 08:52 PM
I must've got lucky - mine arrived about 3 weeks ago - probably only 6 weeks after I got to the 250 miles! Its a nice bag too :)

Hope everyone still waiting receives them soon in the new year.

Rykno
December 21st, 2011, 08:48 AM
I got mine sometime in oct/nov 3-4 months after, but it was a nice surprise when it arrived.

I'm just disappointed I was not able to swim as planned oct-dec and will miss the 500 mile mark. maybe next year ;)

gdanner
December 21st, 2011, 09:52 AM
I got mine sometime in oct/nov 3-4 months after, but it was a nice surprise when it arrived.

I'm just disappointed I was not able to swim as planned oct-dec and will miss the 500 mile mark. maybe next year ;)

Same here! I cleared 350 early, limped along to 400.

Atlantic
December 21st, 2011, 09:54 AM
Who do we contact if we haven't even been emailed the $5 all american swim supply coupon?

knelson
December 21st, 2011, 10:02 AM
Now that I'm over the 500 mile mark I'm curious how the Nike swim suit award works. Will we get an email asking us what size we want?

jbs
December 21st, 2011, 10:07 AM
Now that I'm over the 500 mile mark I'm curious how the Nike swim suit award works. Will we get an email asking us what size we want?

Yes--I went over on the 11th and got the e-mail yesterday. The e-mail will ask you to choose color (red, blue, and black), size and style (men's choices are brief or jammer).

Oh, and the mesh bag is very nice! I've really enjoyed it. Thank you USMS and Nike.

knelson
December 21st, 2011, 10:12 AM
Great. Thanks, John.

KatieK
December 21st, 2011, 11:21 AM
Right. I got my e-mail yesterday. There's a choice of 2 different solid-color suit styles each for men and women. You just reply with your size, color and choice of style.

matysekj
December 21st, 2011, 02:21 PM
Who do we contact if we haven't even been emailed the $5 all american swim supply coupon?

Those should be coming to your email inbox by the end of this week.

Atlantic
December 21st, 2011, 04:51 PM
Those should be coming to your email inbox by the end of this week.

Thank you!!!

trout
December 21st, 2011, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the update on the mesh bags. I was beginning to think mine had gotten lost since I reached the 250 mile mark over 4 months ago.

orca1946
December 21st, 2011, 07:05 PM
i will just make it to the 200 mile mark with hip surgery AGAIN this year.:cane:

knelson
December 22nd, 2011, 12:16 AM
Yes--I went over on the 11th and got the e-mail yesterday.

Interesting. I went over two days before you, but haven't gotten an email yet.

swimmieAvsFan
December 22nd, 2011, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the update on the mesh bags. I was beginning to think mine had gotten lost since I reached the 250 mile mark over 4 months ago.

Same here, and for a bunch of my teammates. We were starting to think there was a USPS black hole on the MD side of DC :)

pmccoy
January 5th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Just got my free Nike Jammer through FedEx today.:banana: For those curious, I received my confirmation email on Oct 5th. That was 3 months ago... takes some time. When I ordered, I specified "red". Got an email a month ago that they were out of the color I had ordered and that "It is available in the following colors - navy, varsity red, varsity royal." I had long fogotten what color I had originally ordered so I replied "red". The one I got was varsity royal. :confused: Not that I'm complaining (I don't really care what color I get)... its free! :bliss:But anyone set on a particular color might want to specify the exact color and color code (e.g. "varsity red 640" and not just "red").

aztimm
January 5th, 2012, 03:10 PM

I reached 250 miles sometime in late June and still haven't seen a mesh bag. I actually didn't realize that was even an option before I saw this thread.

I hit 500 miles just a few days before Christmas, so it will be interesting to see if I get a suit and/or how long it takes.

jaadams1
January 5th, 2012, 04:45 PM
I hit 500 miles just a few days before Christmas, so it will be interesting to see if I get a suit and/or how long it takes.

Tim, since I was an hour prior on the 500 miles, I'll let you know when I get the notice...that way you can wait by the phone. :)

Bobinator
January 5th, 2012, 11:01 PM
I hit 250 on July 26th and do not have a mesh bag. I could use a new one but I'll wait a couple more months to see if this one comes through.
I love the GTD program! I'd do it whether prizes were involved or not.

orca1946
January 9th, 2012, 11:45 AM
I need to up my miles to get a free suit!!!!!!:)

aztimm
January 10th, 2012, 11:28 PM
I reached 250 miles sometime in late June and still haven't seen a mesh bag. I actually didn't realize that was even an option before I saw this thread.

Just a follow-up to this. My mesh bag arrived in my mail yesterday. Not sure if it just happened, or if posting in this thread made it happen. Either way, I appreciate the bag :applaud:

swoomer
January 11th, 2012, 12:31 AM
I received mine yesterday as well. It was a nice surprise as I never expect anything for my efforts. A special thanks to the sponsors who make these awards possible!

That Guy
January 11th, 2012, 01:26 PM
I got mine too! :banana:

Rob Copeland
January 12th, 2012, 04:43 PM
I received mine yesterday as well. It was a nice surprise as I never expect anything for my efforts. A special thanks to the sponsors who make these awards possible!Im not sure they read our discussion forum. But a quick email or note of thanks to them would be gratefully received (and also appreciated by our sponsorship development team).

That Guy
January 12th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Im not sure they read our discussion forum. But a quick email or note of thanks to them would be gratefully received (and also appreciated by our sponsorship development team).

Shenanigans!

Swimmers who have achieved the 150 miles milestone (1):
Date Swimmer Age Club
01/12 Rob Copeland M56 GAJA

i am SO banned

Rob Copeland
January 13th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Shenanigans!Oops :blush:I must have mistyped my yardage.:rolleyes:

That Guy
January 13th, 2012, 10:03 AM
hmm i will have to try harder if i want to get bant... :agree: