PDA

View Full Version : 500 In Greensboro, Which Day?

joel schmaltz
December 28th, 2011, 08:43 PM
I received my Jan. issue of Swimmer today and as I glanced through the info on spring nationals I am now confused. On the entry form the mens 500 is on Sunday. In the "check in deadlines" info the mens 500 is on Sat. and the women swim it on Sun.

I think the order has changed since I first printed it off months ago.

Am I reading this wrong and simply confused?

joel schmaltz
December 29th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Thanks. I did see that on the USMS site. I guess the check in time was what confused me and I had originally thought the 500 was on Sat.

aquageek
December 29th, 2011, 09:54 AM
The women(Geek, this is when you will swim it) are on Saturday.

Since qbrain is too scared to show up in G'boro for the Strawberry Shortcake Challenge I will turn my attention to beating you like a rented mangy mule.

jroddin
December 29th, 2011, 11:10 AM
I received my Jan. issue of Swimmer today and as I glanced through the info on spring nationals I am now confused. On the entry form the mens 500 is on Sunday. In the "check in deadlines" info the mens 500 is on Sat. and the women swim it on Sun.

I think the order has changed since I first printed it off months ago.

Am I reading this wrong and simply confused?

Joel,

You are not confused. There is a mistake in the meet information in the magazine and the check-in deadlines are switched. What is listed on the actual entry form in the magazine (and on the website) is correct: the women's 500 free will be on Saturday and the men's 500 free will be on Sunday. Furthermore if you looked at the order of events on the USMS website a while back you did indeed see things differently. But what is listed now is correct. The Championship Committee apologizes for the confusion.

Jeff Roddin
USMS Championship Committee Chair

joel schmaltz
December 29th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Joel,

You are not confused. There is a mistake in the meet information in the magazine and the check-in deadlines are switched. What is listed on the actual entry form in the magazine (and on the website) is correct: the women's 500 free will be on Saturday and the men's 500 free will be on Sunday. Furthermore if you looked at the order of events on the USMS website a while back you did indeed see things differently. But what is listed now is correct. The Championship Committee apologizes for the confusion.

Jeff Roddin
USMS Championship Committee Chair
Thanks for the clarification Jeff. Sometimes it doesn't take much to confuse me.

My mind is going as I continue to age.

joel schmaltz
December 29th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Jeff,

If you are not going to add anything useful to this thread, please don't respond.
If you have input on the Strawberry Shortcake challenge for doughnut boy in charlotte, please add your input.

The Wookiee
Glad to see you and 'Geek are still getting along

aquageek
December 29th, 2011, 12:38 PM
I think swimmers from Tennelumpy and South Cackalacky should only be allowed to swim at Nationals on the Monday after the rest of us finish. This is because late April is grooming and/or musk season for these two states and thus when residents take their first baths of the year.

joel schmaltz
December 29th, 2011, 12:48 PM
I think swimmers from Tennelumpy and South Cackalacky should only be allowed to swim at Nationals on the Monday after the rest of us finish. This is because late April is grooming and/or musk season for these two states and thus when residents take their first baths of the year.
I detect jealousy from someone in our neighboring state. It will be nice to load up ma, the little ones and the rest of our kin to visit the city with the big cement pond.

That Guy
December 29th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Huckleberry, are you going to tell me what is involved with the strawberry challenge or continue to drool over yourself while the history channel plays your family reunion video, called "swamp people"

I'm not Huckleberry Pie but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night:

http://forums.usms.org/showthread.php?t=18969&highlight=Strawberry+shortcake

ElaineK
December 29th, 2011, 01:09 PM
:popcorn: Gridges between these two are always good for a :lmao:

joel schmaltz
December 29th, 2011, 02:45 PM
I have another idea of a gride for tomater. If I beat Geek in an event, on his back, he has to have " I lost to Wookiee" If he beats me, " I lost to the Geek"

I believe the gloves have now been offically thrown off.:bolt:

I'm out of here. Time to let you two enjoy each others company.

jaadams1
December 30th, 2011, 12:48 AM
I have another idea of a gride for tomater. If I beat Geek in an event, on his back, he has to have " I lost to Wookiee" If he beats me, " I lost to the Geek"

Which event...or is the open to whatever happens?? :)

qbrain
December 30th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Since qbrain is too scared to show up in G'boro for the Strawberry Shortcake Challenge I will turn my attention to beating you like a rented mangy mule.

I am pretty sure my co-challenger on that front is not even training presently, but if he would like to correct me, I might book a flight.

bjcarter
December 31st, 2011, 11:24 PM
Didn't 500 day for men and women used to alternate each year?

orca1946
January 2nd, 2012, 01:45 PM
I thought so also !

Editor
January 3rd, 2012, 05:03 PM
Hey All,

Sorry for the confusion about the 500. The hard copy of the SWIMMER article has an error on the bottom of page 36, in the "Check-in Deadlines" call-out box. (The men and women should be reversed so that the women are on Saturday and the men are on Sunday) This is correctly listed on page 38, on the entry form, and the online entry information will accurately reflect this.

A corrected PDF (http://www.usmsswimmer.com/201201/springnats2012preview.pdf) of the Greensboro feature can be viewed/downloaded at www.usmsswimmer.com, as a web extra for the January-February issue.

Again, sorry for the confusion, and looking forward to seeing you in Greensboro!

Happy New Year,

aquageek
January 4th, 2012, 09:43 AM
I am pretty sure my co-challenger on that front is not even training presently, but if he would like to correct me, I might book a flight.

pwolf66
January 5th, 2012, 03:51 PM

Sadly, nothing has changed on that front other than intentions.

Are you referring to the Incredible Wolf?

The only thing that's incredible about me is my waistline :afraid:

swimshark
January 6th, 2012, 07:44 AM
That's what Patty said about you for not showing up to face me at the Holiday Hoot.

I can't wait to see Wook and Geek together in Greensboro!