PDA

View Full Version : Hotel rooms at Indy

djsfurlan
October 30th, 2003, 12:59 PM
What are the rates for the block of rooms being held at the Radisson? Their normal rate is $114.

MPohlmann
October 30th, 2003, 02:43 PM
The Illinois block of rooms at the Radisson is $109 per night . It is possible to get a room for $105 online, but it must be prepaid and you cannot specify the type of room desired.

There are many cheaper rooms on the periphery of Indianapolis, but all the downtown hotels would be more expensive than our block at the Radisson.

Mary

Nate
October 31st, 2003, 03:40 PM
USMS says that the 2004 National SCY meet starts on 22 April and ends on 25 April. When I made my reservations at the Radisson, they said that the Block rate starts on 22 April. Shouldn't the Block start on the 21st?

What is the meet format? 3 days or 4? What time does it start on the 22nd?

In the meantime, the hotel let me have the same rate for the 21st. I will change it if need be. Or, whoever made the Block reservation, needs to change it to the 21st.

shipleywm
October 31st, 2003, 04:25 PM
... are being ignored, I guess. Aren't Thursday's events usually the longer ones? I know it sounds bad, but that's probably why. Most swimmers, both becasuse of the events on that day, and because of work, won't be coming in until Thursday night.

By the way, I plan on registering as IM next year even though I'm down in Tejas. I love being on y'all's relays!!!

Shipley

Coach Sue
October 31st, 2003, 04:54 PM
Nate, i had the same problem. I was also planning on going on Wednesday & the rate was much higher. I will probably stay at a less expensive hotel on Wednesday.

We look to have a huge group going with my team!! We will be ready for some rockin' relays with IM. We had such a great time last year in Arizona!!

Any word on the state meet yet? I know at the CMSA meeting on the 15th it was still undecided.

MPohlmann
October 31st, 2003, 06:07 PM
Hi, Nate,

I'm surprised that you were able to get the same rate ($109) at the Radisson on Wednesday, April 21st. I was quoted $140 as the cheapest they would give me for Wednesday, but instead I booked Wednesday online at the Radisson for $105 (had to prepay though and may have to change rooms on Thursday) and the rest of the time by phone at $109.

The distance events are on Thursday. You're right, Bill, the distance swimmers were probably ignored in setting up the block.

Mary

mattson
November 1st, 2003, 11:35 AM
I just assumed that people would drive to Indy Thursday morning, and check into the hotel after swimming the mile.

Originally posted by Coach Sue
Any word on the state meet yet? I know at the CMSA meeting on the 15th it was still undecided.

Nadine posted the sanctioned meets on the Great Lakes Zone forum.

Originally posted by NKMD
Great Lake Zone Meets:
4/2-4/04 SCY CMSA STATE, Barrington HS, IL