PDA

View Full Version : Off the Beaten Path

joshua
January 3rd, 2012, 12:31 AM
I have been following the "Off the Beaten Path" workouts. I noticed that you removed them. Even if they have been discontinued, can you please archive them or make them available in any other way.

ALM
January 3rd, 2012, 11:31 AM
They are still there. That thread has just been renamed to "Stroke and IM Workouts - by Eric Mitchell." Just scroll down and look at the older posts in that thread.

joshua
January 5th, 2012, 02:42 PM
They are still there. That thread has just been renamed to "Stroke and IM Workouts - by Eric Mitchell." Just scroll down and look at the older posts in that thread.

Yes I see them, thank you. However, as far as I can see, the thread has not only been renamed but the coach writing the workouts is not the same coach and the w/o's are different. I really liked the approximately 2500m., easy to follow "Off The Beaten Path" w/o's. Perfect for my 6:00 AM pre-work swims.

ALM
January 5th, 2012, 10:16 PM
That is correct. The coaches change from year to year. That coach is not writing workouts this year. But all of the workouts are still visible in the thread, so you can "recycle" them for this year.

joshua
January 5th, 2012, 11:49 PM
Way ahead of you. :) Already printed the PDF versions of the Jan. 2011 workouts and bringing them to the pool.

trout
January 7th, 2012, 10:29 PM
How come the new coaches workouts go into the same thread as the previous ones? It's a little confusing.

Thanks for the workouts though- the online coaches are great!

stanflys
February 4th, 2012, 02:58 AM
"Off the Beaten Path" is still available through that particular coach's blog. I do not have that information immediately available, but I will post it to this thread in the near future. I enjoyed last years web coaches, as I am the wide variety of options available this year.

stanflys
February 15th, 2012, 02:41 AM
OK, sorry. :bow: I forgot to get back to this. Too many distractions up in the northland. Here is the address for Off the Beaten Path, by SJ Black: http://workoutsoffthebeatenpath.wordpress.com/about/

I hope someone reads this!!!:chug:

vimier
March 23rd, 2012, 04:29 PM

Thank you, I was also looking for them after seeing this thread!

Bobinator
April 6th, 2014, 12:32 AM
You can subscribe to SJ Black's "Workouts off the Beaten Path" and they're sent to your e-mail address each week. I
Thank you, I was also looking for them after seeing this thread!

ORLOVA
July 30th, 2014, 09:01 AM
Off The Beaten Path means you are taking an stand, or an idea. That not everyone would take. Essentially, individual thinking. An example would be if everyone says that one philosophy is the best and only way to go, and you look at all of the different ideas on the topic, and come up with an idea no one else thought of. That's being off the beaten path. I hope that explains it.