PDA

View Full Version : FLOG Entries

ebhgmh
January 3rd, 2012, 12:16 PM
Does anyone know how (or if) you can list multiple workouts on the same day? What if one of your workouts is a swim and one is a run? How can both of those be posted?

Thanks

pmccoy
January 3rd, 2012, 12:20 PM
Sure you can. Once you enter one workout, click on the date again and it will allow you to enter another one.

ebhgmh
January 3rd, 2012, 12:25 PM
Thanks. I will give it a try.

ebhgmh
January 3rd, 2012, 12:29 PM
Got it! I was clicking too low. I guess you need to be at the top of the day. Thanks again.

orca1946
January 3rd, 2012, 01:14 PM
I like the idea of adding more areas of a workout. Sit ups - stairmaster - rowing. Any more areas that you would like to see?

no200fly
January 12th, 2012, 11:24 PM
Can non USMS members have a flog? My teen daughter would like to log her workouts somewhere and I thing the flog here is great. Can you imagine what her totals page would look like in 40 years?

Michael Heather
January 13th, 2012, 01:31 AM
Got it! I was clicking too low. I guess you need to be at the top of the day. Thanks again.

You need to click on the number of the day. It is the link. And you can correct any mistakes by clicking on the amount of yardage to resubmit. I once put in 40,000 meters for one workout by mistake. Nice feature if you miscount your zeroes.

Michael Heather
January 13th, 2012, 01:36 AM
Can non USMS members have a flog? My teen daughter would like to log her workouts somewhere and I thing the flog here is great. Can you imagine what her totals page would look like in 40 years?

Although many areas of the USMS website are open to the public, the FLOGs and some other areas are restricted access because they are considered membership benefits. If your daughter is 18 or older, give her a membership and she can FLOG away.

joshua
January 13th, 2012, 01:43 AM
Can you please format an option to record weight in kgs.?

bcoomes
January 13th, 2012, 08:37 AM
I like the idea of adding more areas of a workout. Sit ups - stairmaster - rowing. Any more areas that you would like to see?
I have two more: Inline skating and ice skating.

Rob Copeland
January 13th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Can you please format an option to record weight in kgs.?Is there a difference in the formatting of weight? I thought 200.5 lbs = 90.9KG = 14.3 Stones (14S-4.5P). All can be formatted as decimal numbers. Unless I’m mistaken, I suggest you record your weight in kgs, just ignore the “lbs” and shake your head at us for still having pounds, yards and miles…

joshua
January 13th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Is there a difference in the formatting of weight? I thought 200.5 lbs = 90.9KG = 14.3 Stones (14S-4.5P). All can be formatted as decimal numbers. Unless I’m mistaken, I suggest you record your weight in kgs, just ignore the “lbs”

I can do that. I just thought that at a height of 1.88m. (6"2), 94 lbs. looks a little funny! :D

... shake your head at us for still having pounds, yards and miles…

Is that's what's known as "American exceptionalism"? :cheerleader:

PatrickJM
January 13th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Hey Rob, your FLOG entry today (1/13) shows you at 176 miles. When does the taper start?

__steve__
January 14th, 2012, 01:11 PM
My phone doesn't allow text input for the workouts. Just mileage and time

no200fly
January 14th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Although many areas of the USMS website are open to the public, the FLOGs and some other areas are restricted access because they are considered membership benefits. If your daughter is 18 or older, give her a membership and she can FLOG away.

Thanks, it will be a few years before she can join.

orca1946
January 14th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Try this - add her flog under "other" till she gets her own.

smontanaro
January 14th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Although many areas of the USMS website are open to the public, the FLOGs and some other areas are restricted access because they are considered membership benefits.

Maybe the FLOG could be viewed as a "freemium." Non-members could have access to a feature-limited FLOG. USMS membership would enable the missing features.

Skip

matysekj
January 20th, 2012, 03:21 PM
My phone doesn't allow text input for the workouts. Just mileage and time

You should now be able to enter details using the WYSIWYG editor for any flog entry on an iPhone, iPad or iTouch running iOS 5 or an android phone running Ice Cream Sandwich or Honeycomb. Through a combination of updates to the tools we use and the phone OS's, this should all work now. We've verified it on iOS 5 and Ice Cream Sandwich, but I don't have access to a Honeycomb device to test that out (but according to release notes it supposedly supports the necessary elements also).

If you're running on iOS 4 or earlier, you should be able to enter the details field without the WYSIWYG editor. One side effect of this however is that if you enter details for a workout via an iOS4 device like this:

WARM UP:
600 mixed

5 x 100

... and then you go to edit this workout later on your computer that does support the WYSIWYG editor, it will look like this:

WARM UP: 600 mixed 5 x 100

All of the line breaks will be lost. The ultimate solution for that? Upgrade your device. Over time the mobile devices will all support the required features for the WYSIWYG editor. Until then, we have to live with some limitations.

I also noticed a little glitch with the editor and mobile phones. If you click the bold button the button will highlight showing that it is active. If you then add some bold text, it will go in as bold. But then if you click the bold button again to de-activate bold text entry, the button will not de-highlight (un-highlight?). It will look like bold is still selected, but if you then continue entering text it will not be bolded. It's just not displaying the current state of the bold (or italic or underline) function correctly.

That Guy
January 21st, 2012, 01:05 PM
You should now be able to enter details using the WYSIWYG editor for any flog entry on an iPhone, iPad or iTouch running iOS 5 or an android phone running Ice Cream Sandwich or Honeycomb. Through a combination of updates to the tools we use and the phone OS's, this should all work now. We've verified it on iOS 5 and Ice Cream Sandwich, but I don't have access to a Honeycomb device to test that out (but according to release notes it supposedly supports the necessary elements also).

Thank you, this is a big improvement. I can't speak for iPhone or Android but I can now enter details on my iPad. There is another improvement that I have noticed - commenting on blogs no longer causes Safari to randomly crash while typing the comment. Previously, it was basically impossible to type more than "dude u suck LOL" on someone's blog without Safari disappearing. Now I can type "good sir, your lack of aquatic skill doth verily cause me to chortle noisily" with no fear. :banana:

matysekj
January 21st, 2012, 03:57 PM
There is another improvement that I have noticed - commenting on blogs no longer causes Safari to randomly crash while typing the comment. Previously, it was basically impossible to type more than "dude u suck LOL" on someone's blog without Safari disappearing. Now I can type "good sir, your lack of aquatic skill doth verily cause me to chortle noisily" with no fear. :banana:

It was likely an update to Safari that fixed that. I didn't touch anything related to the blogs.