PDA

View Full Version : Entries page for 2012 Nationals?

CrystieM
January 10th, 2012, 07:31 AM
I feel a little silly saying this but I can't find an online entries page link for 2012 Spring Nationals?

matysekj
January 10th, 2012, 11:33 AM
It's coming soon. The commit date is by Feb 1 at the latest, but it should be before that.

jessman131
January 11th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Where is the entry page I want to go but can not find the entry page I qualify for all but 3 events. HELP!

swimmieAvsFan
January 11th, 2012, 02:17 PM
It's coming soon. The commit date is by Feb 1 at the latest, but it should be before that.

When matysekj said "soon", I don't think he meant the next day. He'll have the link ready to go under the Nationals section of the Competition tab on the homepage ready to go before Feb. 1st.

jroddin
January 11th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Where is the entry page I want to go but can not find the entry page I qualify for all but 3 events. HELP!

I think this is what you are looking for:
http://www.usmsswimmer.com/201201/springnats2012preview.pdf

Jeff Roddin

bjcarter
January 12th, 2012, 12:12 AM
Sorry to see that the gold medal sponsorship has gone up to $175 for this meet. It was only $75 in Mesa? It was one heck of a deal for traveling swimmers. Any idea what's different this time?

MPohlmann
January 12th, 2012, 11:13 AM
I knew the price for Gold Sponsors was going up, but this is way too much. I imagine this will greatly decrease the number of sponsors they get. I have been a gold sponsor for many years, but this is more than I am willing to pay. Auburn's food offerings were pitiful and never available when I wasn't swimming, but still nice to have a room to get away from the action. Mesa was fine and wonderful to have a shady place.

Sandi Rousseau
January 12th, 2012, 12:19 PM
The price of $175 for hospitality in Greensboro is exactly what the Host has to pay for the four days of hospitality. The facility requires them to have it catered and this was the lowest price they could get. The host makes no extra money on this deal. It is optional so whoever wants the convenience can choose to take it. Championship Committee is aware of the problems with hospitality in Auburn and that will not happen again. I am also sure that being catered, it will be good food.

Omaha hospitality is also going to be $175 due the same set of factors. USMS will make no money on this area and in fact will lose money due to providing hospitality for key volunteers and coaches as we normally do.

It is not anticipated that the hospitality costs at nationals will continue to be high as for these two meets since most hosts can bring in food to the site and can get some food donated.

Allen Stark
January 12th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Sorry to see that the gold medal sponsorship has gone up to $175 for this meet. It was only $75 in Mesa? It was one heck of a deal for traveling swimmers. Any idea what's different this time?

I knew the price for Gold Sponsors was going up, but this is way too much. I imagine this will greatly decrease the number of sponsors they get. I have been a gold sponsor for many years, but this is more than I am willing to pay. Auburn's food offerings were pitiful and never available when I wasn't swimming, but still nice to have a room to get away from the action. Mesa was fine and wonderful to have a shady place.

I won't be at SCY Nats due to family obligations,so maybe I shouldn't say anything,but $175 seems way too much!

ElaineK
January 12th, 2012, 02:36 PM
I won't be at SCY Nats due to family obligations,so maybe I shouldn't say anything,but $175 seems way too much!

:cry: Bruce and I will miss you and Mrs. Frog (Seal Girl)! And, I agree; $175 is too much for our budget, so we're giving it a miss this time around...

barryf
January 12th, 2012, 06:30 PM
I'm sure that by paying $175 for four breakfasts, four lunches, and four snacks that the food will be wonderful. But my wife and I don't like fancy food when we are swimming all day. What we need to know is will there be food available to buy in this complex? No food is allowed to be brought into the complex from outside and going all day without something to eat is difficult for us in our mid 70's.

bjcarter
January 12th, 2012, 10:48 PM
I second Barry's call. I've got some dietary concerns albeit not ones that can't be navigated at most restaurants or food courts. If no food is allowed into the complex, I'm curious what options will be both in the complex and, I suppose, within walking distance. Maybe that $175 will seem like a bargain compared to the alternative. :-)

waterman
January 13th, 2012, 07:22 AM
in another post it was stated that there will be other consessionaires (sp) at the venue. I just wonder about the Gold Sponsor wording given none of the proceeds benefit usms or the host team...except by covering a cost. I guess that is what the $50 is for for the thursday night dinner to meet the officials. there is also a "chance" to sponsor an event for $300.

matysekj
January 25th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Online entry is now open for the 2012 Spring Nationals at http://www.usms.org/comp/scnats12/onlineentry.php.

All entries must be submitted by March 23. Late entries are not accepted. Entries received by March 9 will receive a $10 discount on their entry fee.

Rob Copeland
January 25th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Thanks Jim (and staff)! :bliss:Another project delivered ahead of schedule. :bow:

Chris Stevenson
January 26th, 2012, 02:01 PM
<whine>When will the psych sheets be out?</whine>

:bolt:

pwb
January 27th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Hmmm ... well, I'm not going to whine about the order of events, but I think the Gold Medal Sponsorship might have tipped over the edge on my personal price elasticity curve. I might have to settle for Silver this year.

aquageek
January 27th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Hmmm ... well, I'm not going to whine about the order of events, but I think the Gold Medal Sponsorship might have tipped over the edge on my personal price elasticity curve. I might have to settle for Silver this year.

Don't you worry, I'm driving up and can bring snax for you. This reminds me that I also need to replenish your supplies of real MAC swag.

pwb
January 27th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Don't you worry, I'm driving up and can bring snax for you. This reminds me that I also need to replenish your supplies of real MAC swag.Geek, you're gonna be sad when you see me in Omaha ... by that time, I'll be fully representing the other MAC. I'll get you some SAC to go with your MAC.

aquageek
January 27th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Geek, you're gonna be sad when you see me in Omaha ... by that time, I'll be fully representing the other MAC. I'll get you some SAC to go with your MAC.

Unfortunately, Omaha is out for me. The world of kiddie swimming has collided violently with adult swimming then. For a few months I thought they might gloriously intersect directly in Omaha, literally, but that has changed.

My lingering dream, the dream of all real swimmers, is to fly in for the 1500 and then leave before the whiners arrive.

SwimStud
January 29th, 2012, 06:33 PM

Yeah that's a lot of dough.

Swimthetide
January 31st, 2012, 03:19 PM
I must have been in triathlon-land too long. $175 for anything sounds cheap. :D

My last USMS nationals was in Coral Springs in 2006. I'd like to go this year. The Greensboro pool looks really nice!

orca1946
February 2nd, 2012, 05:28 PM
I think that I was spoiled with the outdoor pool as Mesa!!:worms: