PDA

View Full Version : Burglar in wetsuit swims away from police

ALM
January 21st, 2012, 12:21 PM
http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20120120/BREAKING/120129974

Burglar in wet suit swims away from police on St. Armands
Staff report
Last Modified: Friday, January 20, 2012 at 6:40 p.m.

SARASOTA - An burglar armed with a handgun and wearing a wet suit might have swum away from police this morning near St. Armands Circle.

Police officers responded to the 300 block of North Washington Drive after a construction worker reported the armed burglary. The worker said he arrived at the home site this morning and saw a man in a wet suit in the middle of a burglary, Sarasota Police Capt. Paul Sutton said.

The worker told police the man produced a handgun, forced him to the ground and fled. Police responded to the area were seen with guns at the ready. “We set up a perimeter and are trying to find an armed robber in a wet suit,” Sutton said.

The officers searching for the suspect have to consider even more possible escape routes than usual — namely swimming away — because of the wet suit angle, Sutton said.

Randy Marchman
January 21st, 2012, 05:24 PM
Guess it's not funny, but I did get a chuckle!

evmo
January 21st, 2012, 07:14 PM
Moral of the story? Don't trust people in wetsuits. :bolt:

orca1946
January 27th, 2012, 12:29 AM
I'm guessing he did not steal the safe???:bolt:

FindingMyInnerFish
January 28th, 2012, 10:33 PM
I'm guessing he did not steal the safe???:bolt:

Since he was in the wetsuit division, he wasn't eligible for that award. :banana:

mcnair
January 30th, 2012, 01:39 AM
I've never had a wetsuit, but I imagine the gun part of the robbery would have been problematic if he did in fact make a water escape... water-proof holster?

FindingMyInnerFish
January 30th, 2012, 08:39 AM
I've never had a wetsuit, but I imagine the gun part of the robbery would have been problematic if he did in fact make a water escape... water-proof holster?

A good question--water pistol? super soaker?