PDA

View Full Version : Sunbelt Psyche Sheet

aquageek
January 24th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Thought folks might enjoy looking at what happens when the big boys/girls come down from the mountain and do a USMS meet. SwimMAC Carolina Team Elite is sending the full crew to the Sunbelt Meet this weekend. The last heat of many events should be outstanding.

That Guy
January 24th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Impressive! Is SwimMAC planning something similar for Greensboro Nationals?

aquageek
January 24th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Impressive! Is SwimMAC planning something similar for Greensboro Nationals?

I have no inside knowledge so this is just my speculation. I would be surprised if Team Elite goes to Nationals. Charlotte UltraSwim (Grand Prix Series) is two weeks after USMS Nationals and I suspect we will want to do well at that meet since we are the host club.

orca1946
January 24th, 2012, 06:29 PM
@-3-4 th in my events. this is interesting! I have list of on going injuries to work out first!!:cane::cane:

pwb
January 25th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Way cool. I wish the U of A elite guys would have shown up at our Masters meet this weekend.

fmracing
January 25th, 2012, 12:52 PM
surprising the final heat of the mens 100 is as slow as it is compared to the 50.

aquageek
January 25th, 2012, 01:29 PM
surprising the final heat of the mens 100 is as slow as it is compared to the 50.

None of the elite guys are in the 100, just the USMS mortals. But, still 20 USMS members entered under :54, not bad for a local/semi regional meet.

Allen Stark
January 25th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Thought folks might enjoy looking at what happens when the big boys/girls come down from the mountain and do a USMS meet. SwimMAC Carolina Team Elite is sending the full crew to the Sunbelt Meet this weekend. The last heat of many events should be outstanding.

What is up with having the 50 and 200 BR back to back.

ElaineK
January 25th, 2012, 02:33 PM
What is up with having the 50 and 200 BR back to back.

:afraid:Whaaaat? That's brutal!

fmracing
January 25th, 2012, 02:39 PM
:afraid:Whaaaat? That's brutal!

I haven't seen a masters meet yet that organized events in some way that would be regarded as reasonable. This doesn't surprise me either.

pwb
January 25th, 2012, 02:45 PM
I haven't seen a masters meet yet that organized events in some way that would be regarded as reasonable. This doesn't surprise me either.Look -- we can't even make all people happy with the Order of Events at Nationals spread over 4 days. Trying to squeeze all events into two days (especially with those juvenile 10 & under 50 distances thrown in) is almost a guarantee to create some crazy orders of events.

I'm going to start counting my blessings and just be grateful that there are enough enthusiastic Masters volunteers who will put on a meet that I resolve from this day forward to NOT whine about order of events any more.

aquageek
January 25th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Look -- we can't even make all people happy with the Order of Events at Nationals spread over 4 days. Trying to squeeze all events into two days (especially with those juvenile 10 & under 50 distances thrown in) is almost a guarantee to create some crazy orders of events.

Word, to my brother.

In a 2 day event, really only two sessions, since the real swimmers get Saturday morning to themselves, you are going to cause back to back events like this, even the 50 free and the world's most boring event, the 200 buststroke.

Of course, you could whine about it and not show up, which seems to be the case, now that's brutal.

slowcat
January 26th, 2012, 08:55 AM
None of the elite guys are in the 100, just the USMS mortals. But, still 20 USMS members entered under :54, not bad for a local/semi regional meet.

And 30 guys seeded under 1:00 in the fly. Some of those :59s are sandbagging...

aquageek
January 30th, 2012, 09:37 AM
I have no inside knowledge so this is just my speculation. I would be surprised if Team Elite goes to Nationals. Charlotte UltraSwim (Grand Prix Series) is two weeks after USMS Nationals and I suspect we will want to do well at that meet since we are the host club.
I spoke to a Team Elite swimmer this weekend and they are tentatively planning on swimming at Nationals, at least some of them. So, good news there, unless you sneak into one of their heats.

slowcat
January 30th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Results:
http://www.ncmasters.org/132-003res.pdf

That Guy
January 30th, 2012, 10:03 AM
I spoke to a Team Elite swimmer this weekend and they are tentatively planning on swimming at Nationals, at least some of them. So, good news there, unless you sneak into one of their heats.

Cool! Always great to see elite swimmers enjoying Masters competition. :applaud:

knelson
January 30th, 2012, 10:33 AM
I noticed Davis Tarwater got DQed in the 400 IM. Anyone know what for?

Nice

JimRude
January 31st, 2012, 12:58 PM
You guys need to get some BR coaching back there in hillbilly country. And where was Jon Blank?!

aquageek
January 31st, 2012, 01:16 PM
You guys need to get some BR coaching back there in hillbilly country. And where was Jon Blank?!
That's a good question, don't know where he was.

As to breast, since the Dixie Zone is the nation's pre-eminent Zone, we have outlawed the "fourth stroke." Going forward, it is an exhibition stroke for those just introduced to Masters swimming. All IMs are now fly, back, choice, free. And, don't be hating on my 34.1. That was a bet with my daughter.

jim clemmons
February 1st, 2012, 03:32 PM
I noticed Davis Tarwater got DQed in the 400 IM. Anyone know what for?

Nice

Dollar says it was for back to breast (flipover) transition...