PDA

View Full Version : speedo lz elite sizing

adrianandcielo
February 20th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Hey guys i just have a slight problem i dont know what size Lzr elite i should buy.. In arena powerskin r-evo i wear a 24. The arena size is by waist so a size 24 is a size 24 waist.. in the lzr Racer pro i wear a 26. but it doesnt give me the tightness like the arena does.. i want to order a 24 lzr elite but im afriad it may rip and i feel if i order a 26 it will not be as tight as i want... what size should i order?

Jazz Hands
February 21st, 2012, 07:17 AM
Not exactly what you asked, but this suit is way cheaper and just as fast: http://www.swimoutlet.com/product_p/11284.htm?color=9325

EJB190
February 23rd, 2012, 10:50 AM
I know a lot of people who have conservatively purchased speedo suits that are their normal race size and have been disappointed with the tightness. That's all I can say, but I don't want to steer you wrong. I haven't bought a tech suit in 3 years.

geochuck
February 23rd, 2012, 11:58 AM
Rumor has it that you always go 1 or 2 sizes down from your waist measrement. I have even seen people go 3 sizes down to get extreme tightness.

EJB190
February 23rd, 2012, 09:24 PM
I feel like they might make them larger, knowing that people are going to buy sizes down for high levels of competition. Since the tech suits are *fragile* and they don't want everyone's ripping because they're too small, I suspect they make them a tad on the larger side.