PDA

View Full Version : Early Entry Deadline for 2012 Spring Nationals

matysekj
March 6th, 2012, 05:13 PM
The early entry deadline for the 2012 USMS Spring Nationals in Greensboro is this Friday, March 9. Entries received before midnight Friday are entitled to a $10 early entry discount off their meet surcharge. Entries received from 12:01 a.m. Saturday through the entry deadline of Thursday March 23 will not benefit from this discount.

Don't wait - enter online (https://www.usms.org/comp/scnats12/onlineentry.php) today.

We do not accept late entries for our national championships. We turn away a number of people who forget to enter on time every year, so if you know you want to enter the meet, be sure to get your entry in on time.

splacke
March 11th, 2012, 07:09 PM
What is the reason for closing entries a month before the meet? It seems the meet could be seeded easily within 48 hours of the meet. Am I missing something?

That Guy
March 11th, 2012, 07:59 PM
What is the reason for closing entries a month before the meet? It seems the meet could be seeded easily within 48 hours of the meet. Am I missing something?
hmmmmmmmm

orca1946
March 12th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Yeah ! Maybe 2 weeks before is a better time line.

Chris Stevenson
March 12th, 2012, 02:18 PM

This question gets asked every so often, so I'm sure Jeff Roddin has a canned answer somewhere. I found this one:

U.S. Masters Swimming Discussion Forums - View Single Post - USMS National Sign up date

aquageek
March 13th, 2012, 01:05 PM
I would falsify my birth certificate, drivers license, voter registration, or whatever I needed to do to vote for him.

Yes, but would you finally learn to read and make letters on paper?

splacke
March 13th, 2012, 08:39 PM
It seems that the science of statistics could help make an accurate approximation of the numbers of swimmers expended to attend.

barryf
March 13th, 2012, 08:52 PM
It would seems so. However, there are too many variables: the economy, where the spring nationals is being held, where the other nationals (summer) is being held, when the last nationals was held in this area, etc.

aquageek
March 14th, 2012, 09:52 AM
The one variable that seems to matter the most is proximity. Greensboro is 6-7 hours from a ton of USMS swimmers - all of GA, TN, KY, SC, NC, MD, VA and much of Florida.

jroddin
March 14th, 2012, 11:56 AM
The one variable that seems to matter the most is proximity. Greensboro is 6-7 hours from a ton of USMS swimmers - all of GA, TN, KY, SC, NC, MD, VA and much of Florida.

I agree with this. But there are exceptions even to this. For example:

2000 LC: Baltimore (1380 swimmers - largest LC ever by about 250 swimmers)
2003 LC: Rutgers (876 swimmers)

Everybody thought Rutgers was going to blow away Baltimore because of its close proximity to NYC plus its relative proximity to New England (on top of all of the DC swimmers who went to Baltimore).

Thank you to Chris for posting my "canned response." If I were to write it again today, I would add the point that the Host works on the meet for 2 years and doesn't get a dime until entries start rolling in. Not all Hosts are independently wealthy like Wookie and they can't front all expenses needed before the meet.

Jeff

Rob Copeland
March 14th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Huh????Jeff, you need to use smaller words for Mr. Wookiee.

orca1946
March 16th, 2012, 02:14 PM
I also think this will be a LARGE meet due to the eastern area! :worms:
Go Illinois swimmers!:applaud::banana: