PDA

View Full Version : Lotion?

apollyon
March 9th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Ever since I started swimming my skin has been drying out like it's the cool thing to do. Any recommendations on what kind of lotion to use or how to help my skin from drying out?

On a unrelated note, I must have strained my left shoulder while swimming yesterday, although I didn't notice until a few hours after. I'm familiar with strains, but any comments on what to do about it?

ElaineK
March 9th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Ever since I started swimming my skin has been drying out like it's the cool thing to do. Any recommendations on what kind of lotion to use or how to help my skin from drying out?

On a unrelated note, I must have strained my left shoulder while swimming yesterday, although I didn't notice until a few hours after. I'm familiar with strains, but any comments on what to do about it?

Lotion/ moisturizers have been covered a bunch of times on a bunch of other threads, but I will chime in here- again: CETAPHIL lotion, as well as the cream (for elbows and feet). I swear by the stuff!

jswim
March 9th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Tri swim lotion works pretty well too, and as Elaine said, if you do a search for dry skin or moisturizers, etc... you'll get a plethora of info. :)

As for the shoulder, I'd take it easy on swimming and perhaps ice it for awhile. Don't continue to swim if you have pain while swimming.

Good luck!
J

marksman
March 20th, 2012, 11:29 PM
Are you having trouble lifting the arm? It could be impingement. If so, icing the shoulder and anti-inflammatories (ibuprofen) should help. If it recurs or persists see a doc of course.

orca1946
March 21st, 2012, 12:17 AM
I have used Cetaphil for 2 years now, it helps a lot & is is cheap to purchase.
I get it at Costco.

ElaineK
March 21st, 2012, 03:19 PM
I have used Cetaphil for 2 years now, it helps a lot & is is cheap to purchase.
I get it at Costco.

Exactly! I wait until the $4 off coupons come out for Cetaphil and buy a couple of the two-packs there. :banana: It is much less expensive at Costco than anywhere else!