PDA

View Full Version : No Masters group in Fredericksburg, Va area

rlroos
March 27th, 2012, 11:17 AM
With all of the Master's teams in Virginia, I am surprised there is not a team in the Fredericksburg area. There is one youth swim team that has an early morning practice that I can attend but I would be swimming with teenagers. I would feel very slow swimming with them and it would not be the same support as swimming with other adults. One of the gyms has two people signed up as masters swimmers but most of the workouts are just a workout on a board and the times are around 930am so not something I can do while working full time. Are there any swimmers in the Fredericksburg area that would be interested in swimming 2 or 3 mornings a week around 5 or 5:30 in the morning? If we get enough people interested we may be able to talk one of the youth swim teams into starting a Masters team. I hope I am not the only swimmer in this area that would like to join a Masters Team.

orca1946
March 27th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Ask the teen coach if he/she wants to start a team.

Paul 1953
March 28th, 2012, 10:58 AM
I know how you feel. The nearest Masters to me is 30 miles away, but I have a 55ft lap pool 5 min away with no real swimmers in it.

With no one to pace/train with, since I'm not good with a clock at that short distance, I've added pace tones to my mp3 player (a tone for each flip). It keeps me focused and objective about my workouts. I posted about it a couple of weeks ago, if that's something that would interest & help you.