PDA

View Full Version : YMCA Masters Nationals 2012, Ft. Lauderdale, FLorida

tjrpatt
March 29th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Here is the website for the YMCA Masters Nationals in Ft. Lauderdale. Who's going? I can't wait to get down to get down there.

http://www.ymcaswimminganddiving.org/2012masters/results/realtime/

vweichert
March 29th, 2012, 11:02 AM
I am going! This will be my first time at this event. I've heard that it is a lot of fun, can't wait!

Karl_S
March 29th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Check it out. tjrpatt is in the 1500 fly!
One question though. Since it is SCY, why isn't this the 1650 fly?

tjrpatt
March 29th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Check it out. tjrpatt is in the 1500 fly!
One question though. Since it is SCY, why isn't this the 1650 fly?

that is just for the social on Saturday. I wouldn't do a 1500 fly, in yards. That sounds like hell.

Rob Copeland
March 29th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Check it out. tjrpatt is in the 1500 fly! So are Jim and Anna Lea Matysek.:D But that's nothing compared to Nadine Day who is signed up to swim the 1500 Fly 3 times:bow:

Calvin S
March 29th, 2012, 12:44 PM
When I moved to Arkansas from Ohio, I ended my YMCA membership with my local branch. Swam YMCA all through high school and YMCA Nationals was far and away the most fun meet I ever went to. If Masters Nats are anything like it, I bet it is a ton of fun. Wish I still swam YMCA :(

I also loved competing at the HoF center!

Chris Stevenson
March 29th, 2012, 01:50 PM
But that's nothing compared to Nadine Day who is signed up to swim the 1500 Fly 3 times:bow:

Is this such a surprise? She also agreed to serve as USMS President. :bolt:

jim thornton
March 29th, 2012, 02:58 PM
When I moved to Arkansas from Ohio, I ended my YMCA membership with my local branch. Swam YMCA all through high school and YMCA Nationals was far and away the most fun meet I ever went to. If Masters Nats are anything like it, I bet it is a ton of fun. Wish I still swam YMCA :(

I also loved competing at the HoF center!

Calvin, I know that the South Hills YMCA (Pittsburgh area), which doesn't even have a pool, lets people from other states join for the purpose of swimming in Y masters meets. A bunch of folks from New Jersey do this every year. If you would like, you can try contacting Carol Ide at ciswimr@aol.com . I know she used to be the head of the team, and if this email still works, she can explain how you can sign up, etc. I think I will be seeing her at a meet this weekend, and I will let her know you might be emailing her.

Calvin S
March 29th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Calvin, I know that the South Hills YMCA (Pittsburgh area), which doesn't even have a pool, lets people from other states join for the purpose of swimming in Y masters meets. A bunch of folks from New Jersey do this every year. If you would like, you can try contacting Carol Ide at ciswimr@aol.com . I know she used to be the head of the team, and if this email still works, she can explain how you can sign up, etc. I think I will be seeing her at a meet this weekend, and I will let her know you might be emailing her.

Thanks Jim!

While I can't swing the trip this year (Greensboro is already on the calendar) I may pursue this in the future. Is that on a YMCA by YMCA basis? Like if my old YMCA allowed it, could I swim representing them for YMCA nationals but continue to represent my LMSC here in Arkansas for spring/summer nationals?

ALM
March 29th, 2012, 03:48 PM
So are Jim and Anna Lea Matysek.:D But that's nothing compared to Nadine Day who is signed up to swim the 1500 Fly 3 times:bow:

No fair. Nadine gets to swim it three times, but I only get to swim it once? :cry:

orca1946
March 29th, 2012, 04:57 PM
I haver gone, but friends say it is well run.

jethro
March 29th, 2012, 05:22 PM

Hmmm...I wonder how far away you can be and still join. I'll soon be moving to a place that doesn't seem to have much in the way of a YMCA (Auburn, AL), but I would love to keep going to this meet in the future. I had a blast last year. Too bad work prevents me from going this time.

rodent
March 29th, 2012, 10:59 PM
So, which one of you guys is bringing the laser to measure the pool, or do I need to stop at Walmart before I go? :canada:

ALM
March 29th, 2012, 11:09 PM
So, which one of you guys is bringing the laser to measure the pool, or do I need to stop at Walmart before I go? :canada:

The pool has already been measured. No bulkhead.

thewookiee
March 30th, 2012, 07:03 AM

:dedhorse:

rxleakem
March 30th, 2012, 08:37 AM

:smooch:

Calvin S
March 30th, 2012, 08:39 AM

Yes they normally go "wall to wall" with the bulkhead running along one of the lanes for officials to walk along (at least that's how it was back when I was attending Nats in high school)

rodent
March 30th, 2012, 11:59 PM
:dedhorse:
Is this a smiley beating a dead horse? I think I detect some vague connection to the past inherent in this post. Does this have something to do with the Canadian Nationals?:canada:

Rob Copeland
April 2nd, 2012, 05:14 PM
Does this have something to do with the Canadian Nationals?It better not. This thread is about the “YMCA Masters Nationals 2012, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida”. Off topic posts are a violation of forum rules and could result in dire consequences for those who persist is such chicanery.

That Guy
April 2nd, 2012, 08:54 PM
It better not. This thread is about the “YMCA Masters Nationals 2012, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida”. Off topic posts are a violation of forum rules and could result in dire consequences for those who persist is such chicanery.

I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. So that I may learn more about chicanery and its awesome, I mean dire, consequences.

rodent
April 2nd, 2012, 11:02 PM
It better not. This thread is about the “YMCA Masters Nationals 2012, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida”. Off topic posts are a violation of forum rules and could result in dire consequences for those who persist is such chicanery.

I guess that is a "NO"?:canada: