PDA

View Full Version : FastStache

That Guy
March 30th, 2012, 11:23 PM
http://www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/lane9/news/Industry/30174.asp?q=Industry-News:-TYR-Launches-FastStache----Face-Borne-Speed-Gear

This is an excellent addition to the Tyr Tracer Light. It is also a superb utility for secret gridges. If you are competing using an alias, this is a must have.

GregJS
March 31st, 2012, 12:39 AM
I have a vague memory that Mark Spitz told people that his mustache helped with his hydrodynamics. He was just messin' with them, but I think they kind of believed him.

selkie
March 31st, 2012, 12:43 AM
Gotta say my favorite swimming April Fool's joke remains the 'Laure Manaudou is going to swim for Auburn University' rumor even before she rather ironically started to train in Alabama and showed up at a few USS meets in an Auburn cap.

Paredes
March 31st, 2012, 12:48 AM
doesn't say where I can get one >_<

Jazz Hands
March 31st, 2012, 10:09 AM
I feel like this is a plausibly deniable jab at Speedo's mega-expensive cap-and-goggle "system."

Sojerz
March 31st, 2012, 10:16 AM
http://www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/lane9/news/Industry/30174.asp?q=Industry-News:-TYR-Launches-FastStache----Face-Borne-Speed-Gear

This is an excellent addition to the Tyr Tracer Light. It is also a superb utility for secret gridges. If you are competing using an alias, this is a must have.

Clearly the advantage male swimmers have been looking for to overcome the the female larger tech suit surface area, as I doubt many females will want to use it (except maybe the E. Germans), but who knows what FINA will allow. It did seem to stay on during the starts, most of the time, but i didn't notice any "propeller" action.

Fresnoid
March 31st, 2012, 10:27 AM
I thought this thread was going to be about Jim Clemmons.

guppy
March 31st, 2012, 10:44 AM
Sed secundum regulas non licet.

ALM
March 31st, 2012, 11:11 AM

:lmao:

knelson
March 31st, 2012, 12:22 PM
I feel like this is a plausibly deniable jab at Speedo's mega-expensive cap-and-goggle "system."

Definitely and richly deserved.

"The FastStache creates a perfect synergy with the swimmers cap, goggles and technical suit. TYR product developer Dr. Ivan Mustacio explains, "The system is an engineering marvel!"

orca1946
March 31st, 2012, 12:34 PM
I tuck my mustache into my cap to aid in faster swims!! :d

ElaineK
March 31st, 2012, 04:03 PM
If you are competing using an alias, this is a must have.

Hmmm, sorry, That Guy; nothing can fool us from spotting that big, round, faceless head in the crowd! :bighug:

Allen Stark
March 31st, 2012, 04:32 PM
When will it be released to the general public? It looks like something no serious swimmer,male or female,will want to miss.

Brian Stack
March 31st, 2012, 07:04 PM

It's not?