PDA

View Full Version : 2012 News: Mark Spitz & Janet Evans Among 18 Olympians Suing

ande
April 30th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Mark Spitz and Janet Evans Among 18 Olympians Suing Samsung Over Misuse of Images (http://www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/lane9/news/USA/30393.asp)
April 27, 2012

"The lawsuit was filed Wednesday in Los Angeles Superior Court over a Facebook app called the Samsung Olympic Genome Project, in which people can see how they are connected to various Olympians."

"other swimmers listed in the lawsuit are:
Amanda Beard, Jessica Hardy, Dara Torres, Jason Lezak, Cullen Jones, Eric Shanteau, Caroline and Clark Burckle, Brooke Bennett, Kristy Kowal, Kim Vandenberg, Aaron Peirsol and Brad Schumacher."

orca1946
April 30th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Add my name to the list! I was not pictured --- OH they were :D

Redbird Alum
May 1st, 2012, 04:45 PM
It must be hard to be an international swimming star. It must distract one from one's training when lawyers interrupt practice schedules to obtain signatures for plaintiff filings on lawsuits, supeonas, etc.

I'm thankful for my anonymity.

That Guy
May 1st, 2012, 06:19 PM
I'm thankful for my anonymity. :chug:

jswim
May 1st, 2012, 07:01 PM
"Richard Foster, an attorney for the plaintiffs, said Samsung's procedures "consisted of sending an email to some of the plaintiffs, in which they were told of the Genome Project and advised that they would be a part of the project unless they 'opted out.'""

Well that's pretty lame!:2cents:

Allen Stark
May 2nd, 2012, 12:02 PM
"Richard Foster, an attorney for the plaintiffs, said Samsung's procedures "consisted of sending an email to some of the plaintiffs, in which they were told of the Genome Project and advised that they would be a part of the project unless they 'opted out.'""

Well that's pretty lame!:2cents:
That is lame.I could start the Allen Stark Project and email people saying they agreed to pay me $1000,000 dollars unless they opt out.I guess I should start those emails now :bolt:.

fatboy
May 2nd, 2012, 02:08 PM
That is lame.I could start the Allen Stark Project and email people saying they agreed to pay me $1000,000 dollars unless they opt out.I guess I should start those emails now :bolt:.

Allen, I'm out!