PDA

View Full Version : Midwest OW swims, summer 2012, incl. GLOWS

ViveBene
May 8th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Evmo has compiled a definitive list of Midwest OW swims for 2012. Something for everyone! I link it here with his permission:

http://www.freshwaterswimmer.com/midwest-ows-calendar/

Please note that a link to GLOWS 2012 swims follows the calendrical listing.
:)

orca1946
May 9th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Thanx for the list, I'll pass it along to the team!

wjsliedrecht
May 18th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Thank you for the list!

Any suggestion for good open water place to practice around Schaumburg IL? I am about to embark! on open water swimming, currently just pool, but new a new goal! ;-)

ViveBene
July 14th, 2012, 12:28 AM
Anyone choosing swims from this wonderful listing?

http://www.freshwaterswimmer.com/midwest-ows-calendar/

Truly an embarrassment of riches for Midwest swimmers! (Although you might have to drive ... :) )

fatboy
July 14th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Crystal Lake OWS rained out today. Canceled because or lightning. Rescheduled for tomorrow.

mcnair
July 14th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Yep, making the drive back out to Crystal Lake again tomorrow morning. We need the rain but not with lightning at 7:40AM, please! See you there.

fatboy
July 14th, 2012, 09:55 PM
They have rescheduled again for Aug 4 - tenatively.

ViveBene
July 14th, 2012, 10:13 PM
They have rescheduled again for Aug 4 - tentatively.

That date is heavy with events; maybe they should move it. Do you have a contact there? (Edit to add: OK, I just sent an email to "organizer," with list of events on that weekend; there are more Sunday thru Tues. For those more inland, the date might work fine.)

Aug 4 swims:
Swim Across America (not a USMS swim, but attracts many)
CIOWS - Central Illinois Open Water Swim
Point to LaPointe

A few others farther afield.

mcnair
July 15th, 2012, 12:54 PM
I didn't get a reschedule notice via e-mail (but I was a same-day registrant, so they might have missed us). Drats! I hope they reschedule for a day that doesn't conflict with other swims I'd like to do in the area. I'll keep checking back here as well as the event website.

fatboy
July 16th, 2012, 10:58 AM
McNair
Email organizer jodavison@crystallakeparks.org and ask to be added to the notification list

fatboy
July 16th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Crystal Lake OWS has been re-opened for additional registrations
The rescheduled swim race date has been confirmed for Saturday August 4. The race times will remain the same with the 1-mile starting at 7:30am and the 2 mile will start at 7:40am. I will be re-opening the online swim registration at www.signmeup.com/81985.

mcnair
July 16th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Thanks, Frank, will do. I guess I'll see you on the 4th.
Alex

mcnair
July 16th, 2012, 10:46 PM
McNair
Email organizer jodavison@crystallakeparks.org and ask to be added to the notification list

Oops; I just got an undeliverable message when I clicked on that e-mail and sent my message ("user does not exist"). That's OK, I'll check the parks dept. website.

Thanks again,
Alex