PDA

View Full Version : 100 Freestyle Endurance

Andrew45
May 21st, 2012, 10:43 AM
Hey everyone,

I am freestyle sprinter and recently I've been trying to improve my 100 free time which I've done (dropped about 5 seconds) but I need help with one issue in particular.

When I swim the 100 I like to swim all out from the start instead of pacing myself at the beginning then trying to turn it on near the end. I find myself starting to drag halfway through the 75 so by the time I'm on the last 25 I am extremely exhausted. I still get good times though!

My question and perhaps there are some sprinters here that can help me with this is..

are there any workouts that can help with maintaining the last half of a 100 freestyle?

I really need to build endurance for this. Also, perhaps my breathing is messed up? I prefer to breath no more than two times the first 25, no more than 3 times the 2nd 25 and I use the 3rd 25 as the length to get whatever needed air I need so I can keep my head down the last 25 as much as possible and bring it home.

Any suggestions would be a great help!

scyfreestyler
May 21st, 2012, 12:33 PM
I'm not a very fast swimmer, but....

I think pacing in a 100 is probably worth considering.

Restricting your breathing in a 100 isn't something I'd suggest either.

As for building your endurance for the race, I'd suggest swimming race effort repeats (with plenty of rest) of 50's, 75's and 100's in practice.

Jazz Hands
May 21st, 2012, 12:50 PM
Doing an all-out 100 free several times a week is the simplest/quickest way to get better at the 100 free.

MickYoung
May 21st, 2012, 01:24 PM
You could always try doing some 150's.

knelson
May 21st, 2012, 01:56 PM
Restricting your breathing in a 100 isn't something I'd suggest either.

Me either. I only breathe a couple times on the first 25, but from there on out I'd concentrate on just not breathing out or into the turns, and maybe the last five yards/meters into the wall, but other than that breathe away.

fmracing
May 21st, 2012, 02:30 PM
Doing an all-out 100 free several times a week is the simplest/quickest way to get better at the 100 free.

^^ This.

Or, even better, do all out 125's a few times a week. If you can get yourself used to sprinting for 125's, then you'll have plenty of juice that last 15yards in a 100 race.

Allen Stark
May 21st, 2012, 02:34 PM
Check out High Intensity Training - by Leslie Livingston - U.S. Masters Swimming Discussion Forums .
Also,you may be fast,but you will be faster if you slightly ease off the first 50 and don't restrict your breathing so much.A 50 can be a completely anaerobic swim,unless you can swim 100 under 40 sec it is a somewhat aerobic swim.

That Guy
May 21st, 2012, 05:22 PM
Swim some laps in this pool: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2147443/Worlds-biggest-pool-holds-66-million-gallons-cost-1billion-build.html

After getting to used to over 1 kilometer per length, that 100 free will seem like nothing in comparison! :banana:

mlabresh
May 21st, 2012, 05:55 PM
Swim some laps in this pool: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2147443/Worlds-biggest-pool-holds-66-million-gallons-cost-1billion-build.html

After getting to used to over 1 kilometer per length, that 100 free will seem like nothing in comparison! :banana:
That pool is awesome!
They had to get aerial shots just to fit the whole thing in a picture! :lmao:

Fins25
May 21st, 2012, 06:22 PM
Or, even better, do all out 125's a few times a week. If you can get yourself used to sprinting for 125's, then you'll have plenty of juice that last 15yards in a 100 race.

I have done lots of 125's over the years and it has helped me tremendously.

Also, still try to pace your 100 even if it is backing off 5-10% in the first 50m. Let your technique take you out so your fitness can bring you home.

__steve__
May 21st, 2012, 07:14 PM
That is a big pool!

pwb
May 21st, 2012, 07:43 PM
Point of clarification: the word "endurance" should never be associated with "100 Free."

If you need proof of how breathing is a good thing in a 100, just turn this video to about the 2 minute mark, pump up the volume, maximize the screen and watch.

Jason Lezak 46"06 Olympics 2008 BEST RACE EVER FRANCE vs USA in 4x100-Meter Relay - YouTube

Now, as far as training for the 100 free, I'd personally recommend against it: there are always way too many heats, way too many gargantuan guys and gals going these unreal times that will leave your mouth agape like Wiley Coyote as the Roadrunner screams by, and you get very little value on a meters swum per monetary unit of your entry fee. Come to the dark side, Luke. Come to the animal lane.

Jazz Hands
May 21st, 2012, 09:02 PM
Point of clarification: the word "endurance" should never be associated with "100 Free."

This is such a stupid thing to say. Are you just trying to show off your distance dweeb cred or something? The 100 free is not done at top speed, therefore it has an endurance element. If you don't do conditioning work for the 100, you suffer because your speed drops off too quickly, which is to say you are unable to endure the event.

Now, as far as training for the 100 free, I'd personally recommend against it: there are always way too many heats, way too many gargantuan guys and gals going these unreal times that will leave your mouth agape like Wiley Coyote as the Roadrunner screams by, and you get very little value on a meters swum per monetary unit of your entry fee. Come to the dark side, Luke. Come to the animal lane.

Translation: I compete in events that nobody does, so that I look more talented than I actually am.

That Guy
May 21st, 2012, 09:57 PM
Translation: I compete in events that nobody does, so that I look more talented than I actually am.
That's the combination to my luggage! :ohyeah:

pwb
May 21st, 2012, 11:18 PM
Are you just trying to show off your distance dweeb cred or something? Oh, definitely the answer is "or something." It's all part of my evil plot to rid the world of people in the sprint events so that I can finally win the 50 and the 100. Drats! Foiled again!

And, because baiting is so much fun, Geek is the distance dweeb. I'm more of an omnivore when it comes to events, even the 50 and the 100.

Fresnoid
May 21st, 2012, 11:42 PM
This is such a stupid thing to say. Are you just trying to show off your distance dweeb cred or something? The 100 free is not done at top speed, therefore it has an endurance element. If you don't do conditioning work for the 100, you suffer because your speed drops off too quickly, which is to say you are unable to endure the event.

Whoa, someone's wound up too tight after having to do some intense 12.5's.

jaadams1
May 21st, 2012, 11:59 PM
Whoa, someone's wound up too tight after having to do some intense 12.5's.

@ 5:00 interval no doubt!

And also...sprinting is like dunking a basketball...height matters!

sickfish
May 22nd, 2012, 09:15 AM
And also...sprinting is like dunking a basketball...height matters!

As someone who routinely gets trounced in 50s by both shorter and taller people, I'm inclined to believe that, at least among mortals, height doesn't matter as much as technique. Or strength. Or, probably, twitchiness. And I'm pretty sure everyone can improve those three things.

The 100 free is a really tough event (and not just because of the competition). Unless you can do it in the low 40s (and even then?) fatigue and oxygen are going to play a factor, so you can't go all out for the whole thing. It seems to me like a different kind of "endurance" than in a longer race like a 500 or a 1650 - you're not trying to hold a pace or speed up at the end, you just need to not slow down - so I think training to "hold on" and "bring it home" is probably a good idea.

My personal best 100 time was done just like the OP said - I went all out and held on at the end. I think I got lucky, though, because I've had some very sad third turns (SCY) and death every time I've tried that since then. My times are much more consistent if I pace myself that tiny bit up front.

To the OP, do 100s all-out in practice. Do some shorter distances all-out too so you can focus on the little things, but doing the 100s at max speed is where you're going to get better at that second half. I suggest trying a few where you hold back just a tiny bit on the first 50... you might be surprised. Maybe just try breathing more. And keep track so you can find out what works best.

Fresnoid
May 22nd, 2012, 09:50 AM

& that comment doesn't hold water considering pwb just finished 2nd in the most stacked masters race in history:
http://www.usms.org/comp/scnats12/results/index.php?MeetID=20120426SCNATSY&ag=6&s=M&f=m6
(scroll down to the 500)

__steve__
May 22nd, 2012, 10:24 AM
Gills would be very nice to have in the 100!

qbrain
May 22nd, 2012, 10:26 AM
Sprint kick sets should be included along with the rest of your sprint training. Kicking 700 continuous is not as helpful as kicking a couple all out 25s for your 100.

ande
May 22nd, 2012, 10:56 AM
Hey everyone,
I am freestyle sprinter and recently I've been trying to improve my 100 free time which I've done (dropped about 5 seconds) but I need help with one issue in particular.
When I swim the 100 I like to swim all out from the start instead of pacing myself at the beginning then trying to turn it on near the end. I find myself starting to drag halfway through the 75 so by the time I'm on the last 25 I am extremely exhausted. I still get good times though!
My question and perhaps there are some sprinters here that can help me with this is..
are there any workouts that can help with maintaining the last half of a 100 freestyle?
I really need to build endurance for this. Also, perhaps my breathing is messed up? I prefer to breath no more than two times the first 25, no more than 3 times the 2nd 25 and I use the 3rd 25 as the length to get whatever needed air I need so I can keep my head down the last 25 as much as possible and bring it home.
Any suggestions would be a great help!

You want to improve to improve your 100 free time
What are your 25, 50, 75, 100, 150 & 200 free times?
how old are you?
height weight
do you train with a coach & time or by yourself
how many times a week do you train?
how far per practice?
are you lifting weights?
do you have any videos of you swimming?
How's your flutter kick with a board?
What are your times for 25, 50, 75, 100, 150, & 200 kick?
Got any videos of you swimming, please provide youtube links.

When you swim the 100, you go all out from the start instead of pacing yourself and you get real tired near the end of your race
what is your best 100 & how did you split it?
what was your time at the 50? what was your 2nd 50?
whats the difference between the 2?
BTW everybody gets tired, everybody hurts when they sprint a 100, it might help you to correctly split your 100

there's plenty but you really didn't provide enough info about you to really figure out what might be best for you

I really need to build endurance for this.
you need speed endurance

Your breathing is messed up
breathing no more than two times on your first 25, &
no more than 3 times the 2nd 25 might be a mistake
it really depends on your times
I suggest you pick a pattern like every 4
you need air when you race, but I don't know your times, so give us more info and we'll give you more suggestions.

Ande

fmracing
May 22nd, 2012, 12:27 PM
One other thing no one has really touched on is... How are your turns? If you are not maximizing your underwaters, you're taking more strokes per race. If you can get an extra body length or two out of your underwater push on each turn, thats 4-6 strokes you won't have to take in that race. It could be like swimming a 85 or 90y race as far as your arms go... and theres some to maybe be gained on the start too.

Just something to think about.

pwb
May 22nd, 2012, 12:31 PM
One other thing no one has really touched on is... How are your turns? If you are not maximizing your underwaters, you're taking more strokes per race. If you can get an extra body length or two out of your underwater push on each turn, thats 4-6 strokes you won't have to take in that race. It could be like swimming a 85 or 90y race as far as your arms go... and theres some to maybe be gained on the start too.

Just something to think about.Very good point, but I'd also suggest you experiment with which is faster. For some swimmers, maximizing underwaters makes sense because they have a powerful SDK; for others, maybe just ensuring they get out far enough to slip under the water wave and getting to the top of the water is faster.

fmracing
May 22nd, 2012, 12:47 PM
Very good point, but I'd also suggest you experiment with which is faster. For some swimmers, maximizing underwaters makes sense because they have a powerful SDK; for others, maybe just ensuring they get out far enough to slip under the water wave and getting to the top of the water is faster.

Yes, SDK isn't for everyone, you are correct. Masters swimmers have a wide range of turn ability from superstar to superman. All I meant was to make sure the OP is making the best use of the wall. If SDK is strong then that can be added too. I get my feet out past the flags just by streamline push and not even engaging my SDK. If OP is supermanning, no streamline, and not making the flags there's definite gains to be had just on the pushoffs.

__steve__
May 22nd, 2012, 02:19 PM
Masters swimmers have a wide range of turn ability from superstar to superman. Mracing, I think the ability range you stated here is slightly too narrow. More like, sucks to superman - my turning ability right now is a little better, but not much, than "sucks". :)

On the subtopic regarding the 2008 4 x 100 relay, specifically the Australian's team. As Sullivan approached, the #2 man took a step with each foot such that he had momentum prior to and during the exchange.

Is this legal in masters?

The rule book states:

(H) The team of a swimmer whose feet have lost contact with the starting
platform (ground, deck or wall) before the preceding teammate touches
the wall shall be disqualified.

Since "feet" are plural I assume both feet must have contact prior to the start and that wouldn't fly.

fmracing
May 22nd, 2012, 02:31 PM
Mracing, I think the ability range you stated here is slightly too narrow. More like, sucks to superman -

Umm, superstar = good... superman, as in arms out, no streamline with the head up like superman flys = bad... or "sucks" as you put it ;)

Rob Copeland
May 22nd, 2012, 03:52 PM
On the subtopic regarding the 2008 4 x 100 relay, specifically the Australian's team. As Sullivan approached, the #2 man took a step with each foot such that he had momentum prior to and during the exchange.

Is this legal in masters?

The rule book states:

(H) The team of a swimmer whose feet have lost contact with the starting
platform (ground, deck or wall) before the preceding teammate touches
the wall shall be disqualified.

Since "feet" are plural I assume both feet must have contact prior to the start and that wouldn't fly.Legal, yes! If one foot is in contact, then both feet have not lost contact.

swimbody
May 22nd, 2012, 04:25 PM
It's a build race. You have to know your best 50 time and go out somewhere around .5-.6 tenths slower than your best time, kill the turn, keep your head down and your stroke long and kick like hell to match that opening 50m. If you can think like this during the race you have a great chance of doing the best 100 you've ever done. But you must have the endurance coupled with sprint muscle fiber to make this event yours.

Either way, the 100 is one of my favorite races and having only raced once in it in 12 years I'd say the technique to go fast is still the same. I just know that when I make that last flip turn that I need to stay under as long as possible without losing momentum because the pool is so choppy. Staying tight in your core and keeping your arms streamlined and your head looking straight down kicking like hell to bring you to the surface but timing it all perfectly to take that first stroke and get back in the groove for the path home. Enjoy.

knelson
May 22nd, 2012, 04:32 PM
You have to know your best 50 time and go out somewhere around .5-.6 tenths slower than your best time

Hmm, wouldn't that mean you'd be swimming very close to the same speed as in a 50 then? Since in a 50 you'll finish to your hand that's a few tenths faster than you'll go with a flip. I think splitting around a second slower than your best 50 is more realistic.

__steve__
May 22nd, 2012, 05:10 PM
Perhaps 0.6 slower each 25?

swimbody
May 22nd, 2012, 05:21 PM
In your mind you are only backing off about 10% of effort. Perhaps more like .8 if you want to be exact. But yes, if you watch the 100 free videos that's how those boys are doing it. It's 90% down 100% coming home. I'm building to 100 before the turn at 50m.

swimbody
May 22nd, 2012, 05:23 PM
Hmm, wouldn't that mean you'd be swimming very close to the same speed as in a 50 then? Since in a 50 you'll finish to your hand that's a few tenths faster than you'll go with a flip. I think splitting around a second slower than your best 50 is more realistic.

Like I said above .8 on race day rested and tapered.

knelson
May 22nd, 2012, 05:38 PM

Well, actually you said:

It's a build race. You have to know your best 50 time and go out somewhere around .5-.6 tenths slower than your best time

The Fortress
May 22nd, 2012, 05:47 PM

To me, as a drop dead sprinter, this seems crazy. I'm nowhere near that, though my training is geared more to 50s than 100s.

I think it depends in part on the answer to Ande's questions, especially the age one. It's the rare master who's well conditioned enough to go out 1 second over their 50 PR. And I don't think comparing a true master to an ultra elite athlete is a fair comparison.

Fresnoid
May 22nd, 2012, 05:56 PM
T. It's the rare master who's well conditioned enough to go out 1 second over their 50 PR.

Well conditioned?
Or maybe just crappy at sprinting:wave:

The Fortress
May 22nd, 2012, 06:06 PM
Well conditioned?
Or maybe just crappy at sprinting:wave:

A real sprinter likely would have to be young and well conditioned to go out so close to their PR. You are probably just crappy at sprinting and well conditioned for your races. :)

I am both not very well conditioned and crappy at distance, even worse.

Celestial
May 22nd, 2012, 06:13 PM
I tried to resist commenting on this, but I just couldn't.

LOVE it!

I can't figure out these guys who appear to be sprinting the entire 1500, however. . . .

knelson
May 22nd, 2012, 06:39 PM
It's the rare master who's well conditioned enough to go out 1 second over their 50 PR. And I don't think comparing a true master to an ultra elite athlete is a fair comparison.

Let's also not forget one second is a lot more if you can do a 50 in 20 seconds versus if you can do a 50 in 30 seconds.

qbrain
May 22nd, 2012, 07:28 PM
Let's also not forget one second is a lot more if you can do a 50 in 20 seconds versus if you can do a 50 in 30 seconds.

Is this advanced physics reasoning where the space time continuum is bent?

As a swimmer approaches the speed of light a second
A) Becomes longer
B) Is a static unit of that is the same no matter what universe the swimmer is in
C) Becomes smaller (the water is cold, al'right?)

jaadams1
May 22nd, 2012, 07:34 PM

As a swimmer approaches the speed of light a second
A) Becomes longer
B) Is a static unit of that is the same no matter what universe the swimmer is in
C) Becomes smaller (the water is cold, al'right?)

Can I choose D? All of the above.

qbrain
May 22nd, 2012, 07:38 PM
Can I choose D? All of the above.

Hmmm... a smaller longer static unit of time might be good for the streamline.

pwb
May 22nd, 2012, 08:00 PM
In your mind you are only backing off about 10% of effort. Perhaps more like .8 if you want to be exact. But yes, if you watch the 100 free videos that's how those boys are doing it. It's 90% down 100% coming home. I'm building to 100 before the turn at 50m.

Some n of 2 stats to think about from the most perfect 100 free I personally ever swam -- when I got to be in the lane next to Rowdy Gaines at the 2009 Rowdy Gaines meet -- provide some interesting comparisons, I think:

50 free times at that meet (SCM)

Me 25.00
Rowdy 23.38

100 free splits

Me 25.86 - 27.26 for 53.12
Rowdy 25.38 - 26.23 for 51.61

So,

I was out 3.4% slower than my 50 time
Rowdy was out 8.6% slower than his 50 time
I split the race 48.7% - 51.3% by 50s
Rowdy split the race 49.2% - 50.8% by 50s

Earlier in that year, in SCY, I had done a 48.12 and split it more like Rowdy (23.69 - 24.43 which is 49.2 - 50.8% by 50 and was out 6.9% slower than my best 50), but the SCM result converts to something like 47.60

So, for me, I'll swim a faster 100 if I go out closer to max effort and try NOT to pace it. However, unless I've got someone faster than me to push me out faster, my tendency is to hold back. I find the same strategy worked well for me in the 100 fly this spring where I went out 0.3 over my best 50 time. Again, I was in an fun heat full of faster guys who pushed me to get out fast. YMMV

knelson
May 23rd, 2012, 12:41 AM

I guess I should have specified "on a percentage basis" to satisfy all the wise guys out there. In other words one second is 5% of a 20 second swim, but only
3.3% of a 30 second swim.

Michael Heather
May 23rd, 2012, 02:37 AM
If you are serious about training to swim the 100 faster, do not get stuck looking for the perfect workout. And don't forget the brain.

Thinking through a race before you get wet is one of the most effective ways to win, if not go faster. Imagine the entire race over and over days before it happens and you will be very comfortable while swimming. Extra speed comes wrapped in many packages. Open all of them and you cannot help but go faster.

Remember, when you are hurting at 85 yards, so is everyone else. Keep your stroke together, kick hard and keep your head down. Swim all the way to the wall. The clock will still be there when you look up.

aquageek
May 23rd, 2012, 07:19 AM
Thinking through a race before you get wet is one of the most effective ways to win, if not go faster.

I've never been a believer in this thinking through a race concept, seems overly 1970s to me. In fact, I try not to think at all during a race, which comes quite naturally to me. The more thinking you do the more you start asking yourself is it worth it for a free medal or t-shirt. So, I just shut off the brain and just go with the maxi-pain approach.

Why Not
May 23rd, 2012, 10:16 AM
I've never been a believer in this thinking through a race concept, seems overly 1970s to me. In fact, I try not to think at all during a race, which comes quite naturally to me. The more thinking you do the more you start asking yourself is it worth it for a free medal or t-shirt. So, I just shut off the brain and just go with the maxi-pain approach.

Depends on what you think!!

fmracing
May 23rd, 2012, 11:12 AM
thinking through a race concept, seems overly 1970s to me.

Sounds like a distance approach to racing. In sprints you have no time to think while racing so you have to think about the details before the race. Every pushoff, every streamline, every dolphin kick, every breath, and every stroke matter in a sprint. Why not think about and perhaps plan them out beforehand?

"You don't have time to think up there... if you think, you're dead."

Fresnoid
May 23rd, 2012, 12:48 PM
I try not to think at all, which comes quite naturally to me.

in short

__steve__
May 23rd, 2012, 01:08 PM
Technical programming leading up to the event, positive organization just prior, autopilot (brain-stem mode) during, then if you fail you hit the reset button. My reset button has been used exclusively for two years. I won't be needing it on June 2.

aquageek
May 23rd, 2012, 02:37 PM
Sounds like a distance approach to racing. In sprints you have no time to think while racing so you have to think about the details before the race. Every pushoff, every streamline, every dolphin kick, every breath, and every stroke matter in a sprint. Why not think about and perhaps plan them out beforehand?

Another day, another special requirement for sprinters.

Michael Heather
May 24th, 2012, 01:08 AM
I've never been a believer in this thinking through a race concept, seems overly 1970s to me.

Too bad. Visualization is used extensively by some current, very successful swimmers who will be in London picking up hardware later this summer.

Rob Copeland
May 24th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Since this thread is about the 100 Free, then visualization exercises can be useful.

The problem with guys like Bill and me is visualization for a 1650 gets problematic. After about 800 I start to wonder who could enjoy watching this swim and usually about 1400 I wonder was that 54 or 56 lengths; so I need to start all over.

In the old days I would sit with my coach and build a race strategy and think about (visualize) various aspects of the swim. Now I get up on the block and think only 66 more to go! :cheerleader:

aquageek
May 24th, 2012, 11:31 AM
The problem with guys like Bill and me is visualization for a 1650 gets problematic. After about 800 I start to wonder who could enjoy watching this swim and usually about 1400 I wonder was that 54 or 56 lengths; so I need to start all over.

You left out - wondering at the 1000 if you got out and quit if anyone would notice, or care.

fmracing
May 24th, 2012, 11:44 AM
You left out - wondering at the 1000 if you got out and quit if anyone would notice, or care.

Only those who are still awake.

Maui Mike
May 24th, 2012, 01:30 PM
[QUOTE=Rob Copeland;267250] ". . .
The problem with guys like Bill and me is visualization for a 1650 gets problematic. After about 800 I start to wonder who could enjoy watching this swim and usually about 1400 I wonder was that 54 or 56 lengths; so I need to start all over."

Perhaps I should post this in the "you know you're a swimmer" thread but --- when putting gas in my car I watch the pump speed through my dollars much faster than I could ever plow through SCY lengths on my way to the $66 mark, imagining every turn, hearing the roar of the crowd, feeling the effortless speed through the water. And then sometimes, for a different experience, I'll watch the gallon register as it rapidly heads towards 15 gallons, those long course laps whizzzing by with so little fatigue. That Chinese guy will never be able to match my pace! And just to show him how far he is in over his head, I throw in a few extra laps without slowing down one bit! When the pump finally stops I have to hold myself back from fist pumping (it might require an embarrassing explanation that only you folks could possibly understand) and instead just put the gas cap back on and continue with my day.

ElaineK
May 24th, 2012, 01:32 PM
[QUOTE=Rob Copeland;267250] ". . .
The problem with guys like Bill and me is visualization for a 1650 gets problematic. After about 800 I start to wonder who could enjoy watching this swim and usually about 1400 I wonder was that 54 or 56 lengths; so I need to start all over."

Perhaps I should post this in the "you know you're a swimmer" thread but --- when putting gas in my car I watch the pump speed through my dollars much faster than I could ever plow through SCY lengths on my way to the $66 mark, imagining every turn, hearing the roar of the crowd, feeling the effortless speed through the water. And then sometimes, for a different experience, I'll watch the gallon register as it rapidly heads towards 15 gallons, those long course laps whizzzing by with so little fatigue. That Chinese guy will never be able to match my pace! And just to show him how far he is in over his head, I throw in a few extra laps without slowing down one bit! When the pump finally stops I have to hold myself back from fist pumping (it might require an embarrassing explanation that only you folks could possibly understand) and instead just put the gas cap back on and continue with my day.

:lmao: Your imagination? Priceless!

Maui Mike
May 24th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Next time I fill up, I'll try to remember to get a time on my "Walter Mitty Mile."

ElaineK
May 24th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Next time I fill up, I'll try to remember to get a time on my "Walter Mitty Mile."

:lolup: :laugh2: :lmao: :rofl: :applaud:

realAlbertan
May 27th, 2012, 11:21 PM
8 x 25 @ 25 or 20 flat out
50-100 easy
Do this 3-4 x

Distance days do 200s at a medium hard pace, ie 5 x 200 @ 2:40 holding 2:25. Scale times to your level.