PDA

View Full Version : Two bridges swim?



slknight
May 25th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Is anyone doing this race next week? I was thinking of taking a road trip.

chaos
May 25th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Is anyone doing this race next week? I was thinking of taking a road trip.

We have about 60 swimmers signed up. The majority will be swimming the naked 5k.
We had a group test swim the course 2 weeks ago. Its going to be a fun event!

Water temp should be at or really close to 70.

slknight
May 25th, 2012, 05:20 PM
The majority will be swimming the naked 5k.


Thanks for the feedback. I would be doing the naked 5K as well. :applaud:

chaos
May 25th, 2012, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I would be doing the naked 5K as well. :applaud:
Hope to see you there!

slknight
May 31st, 2012, 09:47 AM
The weather forecast for Saturday is not looking great. :badday: Is Sunday still the rain date? I'd hate to drive all that distance and have it rained out.

chaos
May 31st, 2012, 08:52 PM
The weather forecast for Saturday is not looking great. :badday: Is Sunday still the rain date? I'd hate to drive all that distance and have it rained out.

The forecast is actually looking pretty good. Possible early showers... but with an 11:30 start we should be OK.
It will only go to Sunday if there is an electrical storm, and that looks unlikely.

Fingers crossed!

slknight
May 31st, 2012, 09:03 PM
The forecast is actually looking pretty good. Possible early showers... but with an 11:30 start we should be OK.
It will only go to Sunday if there is an electrical storm, and that looks unlikely.


If it rains Friday night (90% chance), will that adversely affect the water quality and cause a cancellation?

So if there's just some shower and drizzle Saturday, you won't cancel?

http://classic.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=12601

chaos
May 31st, 2012, 09:53 PM
If it rains Friday night (90% chance), will that adversely affect the water quality and cause a cancellation?

So if there's just some shower and drizzle Saturday, you won't cancel?

http://classic.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=12601

I would say that < 1.5" on friday and we are go!

slknight
June 2nd, 2012, 07:59 AM
Sorry I can't make it. :( I didn't want to take the risk of a 250-mile drive each way if it might get rained out. :badday: Have fun!

chaos
June 2nd, 2012, 07:50 PM
Sorry I can't make it. :( I didn't want to take the risk of a 250-mile drive each way if it might get rained out. :badday: Have fun!

Sorry you missed it. It turned into a beautiful day!