PDA

View Full Version : LCM season kick-off

mlabresh
June 4th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Our Masters group started LCM this morning. This was my first work out ever in a LCM pool! It was pretty fun. (Long course is loooooonnng..)

I have mentioned here before that I've been less than impressed with my local Masters group: it's a bit expensive, we share our practice with age groupers (not a BIG deal), we had no coaching unless requested, and there were very FEW Masters swimmers. The last couple weeks, at practices, it was usually me and one or two other Masters swimmers along with a dozen or less high school kids.

But, I like the work outs and I like that the coaching is available if I feel like asking for it.

Well, today my Masters experience changed a LOT for the better! Our summer group is much larger (actually shared a lane with two other women), and the head coach is there and was actually paying attention to us! We grabbed a workout sheet and hopped in the pool and proceeded swimming, as usual. He came over and introduced himself to me, asked how long I'd been swimming with the group and even stopped and corrected me a few times during practice! :applaud:

I'm so excited to have a coach pointing out what I'm doing incorrectly and helping me fix it without having to specifically ask for it. :D

As sad as I am that they will no longer be doing the fall/winter/spring Masters practices, I am very happy and excited to be swimming with this group for the LCM summer season. :banana:

That Guy
June 4th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Long course is loooooonnng

I think I heard that somewhere once, but I can't remember where :dunno:

mlabresh
June 4th, 2012, 06:14 PM
I think I heard that somewhere once, but I can't remember where :dunno:

Heh heh... yes, I thought of you on that first lap this morning. :D

joy
June 5th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Long Course is a whole different animal. Enjoy. I love LCM.

mlabresh
June 5th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Long Course is a whole different animal. Enjoy. I love LCM.

It most definitely is! I'm enjoying it so far. It's quite a jump for me - going from 60min practices 3x/week in a SCY pool to 90min practices 5x/week in a LCM pool! I think I need a nap today.