PDA

View Full Version : Great mid-d to d-training, coaching and parent alerts!

pwb
June 4th, 2012, 11:05 PM
This was part 2 of Garrett McCaffrey's interview with Katie Ledecky's coach, Yuri Suguiyama, and it has something for everyone, including an awesome set that I imagine will soon be appearing in a workout forum near you and especially a note for parents at the end to Garrett's provocative question:
http://swimswam.com/2012/05/training-a-young-distance-star-part-2-with-yuri-suguiyama/

jaadams1
June 4th, 2012, 11:27 PM
That was good. Thanks for posting.

I remember doing a descending interval set like that a while back as well. It was either 300s or 400s, I can't remember, but I did it with a :10 drop in interval after each rep, eventually getting to a darn near impossible interval to try to get under. Those are called "good for you" sets. :afraid:

aquageek
June 5th, 2012, 10:56 AM
If you are referring to 12 X 300, I agree this is the best set known to mankind long course. Unfortunately, it turns many swimmers into whiners. I think it is the equivalent of 20 X 200 short course.

jaadams1
June 5th, 2012, 11:06 AM
If you are referring to 12 X 300, I agree this is the best set known to mankind long course. Unfortunately, it turns many swimmers into whiners. I think it is the equivalent of 20 X 200 short course.

Anything LCM gets me whining...but I'm not whining 'cause I'm not a sprinter. :banana: