PDA

View Full Version : Awesome swimsuit

Nessie
June 16th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Hi everybody, I just came back home from Fina Worlds in Riccione.
I saw some US master swimmers wearing a very nice suit with a pink-red-brownish floral pattern. I saw the brand, but I'm not sure if I *can write it here for advertising issues (guess what?). One of them told me it was double sided. I thought I could find it on some online store, but I can't :dunno:
Could someone please help me find it somehow? Thanks a lot :notworthy:

Nessie
June 16th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Sorry for posting twice but I couldn't find the first message.
Could I ask the mods to delete one of my threads?

Bill Sive
June 16th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Swimsuit brands/manufacturers have been discussed in the Forums many times. You can provide the name of the swimsuit without any issues. You can also provide the name of the team.

My guess it that since its double-sided, or reversible, then most likely its a water polo suit. Side A for Home, and Side B for Away.

Nessie
June 16th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Hmmm I don't think so, waterpolo suits are high-necked with a back zipper. This was a low-back Speedo model, with peach-colored borders and some underwear appearance.

Thanks for your clarification about naming brands, it seemed strange to me one couldn't compare competition suits, for example. I thought that was the reason why my first thread (which should now be deleted, uh-ehm :D) wasn't visible at first.

Nessie
June 17th, 2012, 05:18 PM
And thank you for the magic word "reversible" ;).
I found plenty of such swimsuits, but not the one I was looking for :(

renie
June 21st, 2012, 03:34 PM
Nessie, speedo makes reversible suits, as well as Dolphin Uglies. I have tons of the Uglies. Sounds like one of their designs. Did you post the brand? I don't see it in your posts.

Nessie
June 21st, 2012, 04:03 PM
That one's brand was Speedo, and I found some other in different patterns or solid color (e.g. black/blue); I saw some Uglies as well, and they are really not bad!

Bill Sive
June 21st, 2012, 08:57 PM
Nessie,

What Team? We need to figure out what Team it is. Then we can probably figure out where the swim suit was purchased from.

I live in Southern California, and I personally know of three Teams close by who purchase their swim suits from Europe, not the USA.

Manufacturers, like Speedo, can, and often do, create different patterns, for different geographical regions.

Based on your original post I immediately thought of Spain. or Japan.

Nessie
June 21st, 2012, 11:24 PM
I saw two American (I'd say... I didn't ask too may questions, just told them that I liked it) ladies wearing that suit in two different days. I don't think they were Japanese nor Spanish though. Can't remember any other detail now for having thought where they came from, apart from their accent. Probably their gear but I may be wrong