PDA

View Full Version : Searching for a team for a week

bzaks1424
July 30th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Right now it looks like I'm going to be in San Francisco from 8/25->8/31 for a tech conference. Is there a team I can practice with? Ideally I'm looking for early morning, but I'll gladly skip parts of the conference to get an hour or 2 in.

Thanks ahead of time!

Bobinator
July 30th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Right now it looks like I'm going to be in San Francisco from 8/25->8/31 for a tech conference. Is there a team I can practice with? Ideally I'm looking for early morning, but I'll gladly skip parts of the conference to get an hour or 2 in.

Thanks ahead of time!

Go to the Local swim clubs section which is listed by states, find a club in San Francisco, contact them and work it out.
I've done this a couple times on various trips and it works really well.
Have fun!!

bzaks1424
July 30th, 2012, 05:01 PM
I figured as much - I was more or less looking for a forumite I could get a recommendation from first.

Fresnoid
July 31st, 2012, 11:09 PM
I figured as much - I was more or less looking for a forumite I could get a recommendation from first.

Will you have a car? Where will you be staying?

bzaks1424
August 2nd, 2012, 10:28 AM
I'm still waiting to hear all the final details, but likely no - I will not have a car.

Fresnoid
August 2nd, 2012, 11:22 AM
I'm still waiting to hear all the final details, but likely no - I will not have a car.

The only program I'm aware of that's in SF itself and allows visitors is USF http://www.usfca.edu/Koret/Aquatics/Masters/

The Olympic Club has a solid Masters program, but I don't think they allow visitors.

There are probably several group that organize regular swims in the bay.

bzaks1424
August 25th, 2012, 12:41 AM
Sorry for the delay! I didn't get official "OK" for next weeks trip until earlier this week! I'll be swimming with the group at the UCSF pool in Mission Bay!