PDA

View Full Version : Meet Results

FR.LLC
August 3rd, 2012, 12:03 PM
How about adding USMS open water events to the meets results page? http://www.usms.org/comp/meets/meetlist.php

Possibility? Pros? Cons?

Chris Stevenson
August 3rd, 2012, 12:14 PM
How about adding USMS open water events to the meets results page? http://www.usms.org/comp/meets/meetlist.php

It's in the works. Note that even though the webpage title is still "Meet Results Database," it is now referred to in the page by its new official name: "Events Results Database" specifically in anticipation of this.

That Guy
August 3rd, 2012, 02:08 PM
Will there be a way to track pool open water events? (aka POW) I've noticed that POW events tend to be listed under Recent Meets With Missing Results as either SCY, SCM, or LCM, until eventually they get deleted altogether. In fact there are a couple of them in that list right now...

Chris Stevenson
August 3rd, 2012, 11:09 PM
Will there be a way to track pool open water events? (aka POW) I've noticed that POW events tend to be listed under Recent Meets With Missing Results as either SCY, SCM, or LCM, until eventually they get deleted altogether. In fact there are a couple of them in that list right now...

I don't know, probably. Are you talking about things like the one hour postal? "Pool open water" sounds like an oxymoron...!

Sanctioning is now an online process that is connected to the calendar of events, and automatically generates a "shell" of the event to receive results after the event occurs. Of course the system is not set up to process these results so I guess someone, probably Jim Matysek, removes them.

That Guy
August 3rd, 2012, 11:17 PM
I don't know, probably. Are you talking about things like the one hour postal? "Pool open water" sounds like an oxymoron...!

Sanctioning is now an online process that is connected to the calendar of events, and automatically generates a "shell" of the event to receive results after the event occurs. Of course the system is not set up to process these results so I guess someone, probably Jim Matysek, removes them.

No, a POW event is where you remove the lanelines and have swimmers race around a rectangular course. Typically these occur in the spring in areas where the lakes and ocean are still too cold. Often the format is to have an open-water clinic followed by a race. Here is an example of a POW event: https://www.clubassistant.com/club/meet_information.cfm?c=1756&smid=3779

FR.LLC
August 4th, 2012, 02:39 PM
It's in the works. Note that even though the webpage title is still "Meet Results Database," it is now referred to in the page by its new official name: "Events Results Database" specifically in anticipation of this.

"Events Results Database" sounds official. I have a few of other ideas if anyone wants to hear them. Thanks for updating us.

Rob Copeland
August 9th, 2012, 01:50 PM
No, a POW event is where you remove the lanelines and have swimmers race around a rectangular course.The attached provides a comprehensive description of a POW.