PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Lochte #@*& in the pool!!!

Glenn
August 3rd, 2012, 10:48 PM
http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2012/08/03/ryan-lochte-i-peed-in-london-olympic-swimming-pool/

Who would do such a thing????:afraid:

tjrpatt
August 3rd, 2012, 10:58 PM
Phelps admitted to this on Jimmy Kimmel Show. I don't know why Lochte is getting heat for this. The link is still on the Drudge Report. Also, when do they have time to go to the bathroom with semis and finals within a 20 minute period. You know more people went to the bathroom in the pool during the cheating suit era.

Glenn
August 3rd, 2012, 11:19 PM
In reading the article, I didn't get a sense that "they" were giving him a hard time about it. It seemed like "just the facts ma'am".

orca1946
August 3rd, 2012, 11:24 PM
Did it turn BLUE ? like we tell the kids :D??

nhc
August 3rd, 2012, 11:36 PM
I'm a little surprised that he mentioned "getting into chlorine water". I thought Olympic pool must be ozone?

orca1946
August 3rd, 2012, 11:38 PM
Maybe chlorine was just a habit of saying that.

arthur
August 4th, 2012, 12:46 AM
Ozone pools still have chlorine, just less than a regular pool.

__steve__
August 4th, 2012, 05:36 AM
that is disgusting and produces toxic byproducts. Why would anyone write up such an article even if it's true?

IT IS NOT OK TO PIS IN POOLS

Lui
August 4th, 2012, 06:08 AM
Gross. If even Olympic swimmers take a leak in the pool I don't even want to konw how many people pee in the pool I go to:bitching:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/01/do-olympic-swimmers-pee-in-the-pool_n_1729019.html

swimshark
August 4th, 2012, 08:45 AM
I swim with teens. One day one of them said she had to go. I told her to ask the coach and then go. She said "I'm doing it now" NASTY!!

Lui
August 4th, 2012, 09:57 AM
She said "I'm doing it now" NASTY!!

Yuck but still funny:D

pwb
August 4th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Swimmers on a swimming forum are shocked by the "revelation" that swimmers pee in the pool?

knelson
August 4th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Swimmers on a swimming forum are shocked by the "revelation" that swimmers pee in the pool?

Yeah, pretty funny.

I don't do it now, but I admit to doing it in the past. I never inhaled. :bolt:

Glenn
August 4th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Well, do you think we should start of "pee poll"?:D

gdanner
August 4th, 2012, 12:26 PM
If you're serious about your practice, you won't want to get out in the middle of a set. If you're a sprinter, you might take those "bathroom breaks." ;)

pwb
August 4th, 2012, 12:36 PM
If you're serious about your practice, you won't want to get out in the middle of a set. If you're a sprinter, you might take those "bathroom breaks." ;)+1:agree:

__steve__
August 4th, 2012, 01:49 PM
If I have to go pee, I just hop out, pretend to be a sprinter (adjust goggles, stretch) and pee in the speedo. So long as I'm hydrated it's not obvious.

knelson
August 4th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Wow, not sure this is better than peeing in the pool. :afraid:

Lui
August 4th, 2012, 02:01 PM
If you're serious about your practice, you won't want to get out in the middle of a set. If you're a sprinter, you might take those "bathroom breaks." ;)

What do you do if you have to go for a dump? Just sayin'...:D

gdanner
August 4th, 2012, 09:21 PM
What do you do if you have to go for a dump? Just sayin'...:D

Well, at once or twice per day, it's much easier to take care of that before or just wait until after. My body always agrees with me. In four years of college practices, there was only one time I had to get out and use the bathroom.

cheakamus
August 4th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Get over it, people. It's just pee, which as far as I know, is mainly water and salts and is completely sterile. For the record, I never pee in the pool, but I almost always do when swimming in Lake Washington. Deal with it!

jaadams1
August 4th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Our college coach didn't allow us to get out of the pool for peeing. Why get out in the middle of serious training anyway?

Back in the days of high school state champs at Federal Way, we always thought that was the reason for the deep tank cool down pool behind the blocks. Anxiety causes peeing situations, and you don't have time to run to the locker rooms. :D

With the above comments, I am not going to admit or not admit to anything

Allen Stark
August 4th, 2012, 11:44 PM
There are 2 kinds of swimmers:those that admit to peeing in the pool and those that lie about it.

orca1946
August 5th, 2012, 12:25 AM
Thoughts of "Caddy shack" are coming to mind !! :D

mpinsky
August 5th, 2012, 12:42 AM
I'm not sure why this is a huge deal. They do put chlorine in that pool for a reason (even if it is less than the amount found in regular pools). Considering an Olympic-sized swimming pool contains a little over 660,000 gallons, a bit of pee isn't going to make much of a difference.

mattson
August 5th, 2012, 12:01 PM
There are 2 kinds of swimmers:those that admit to peeing in the pool and those that lie about it.
3rd kind: Never did it.
(I have a hard enough time peeing in a lake. :angel: )

ButterflyBabe
August 5th, 2012, 12:26 PM
We've all done it atleast once, whether we admit it or not. Who cares, Ryan Lochte is allowed...he's beautiful.:D

Bobinator
August 5th, 2012, 02:11 PM
I'm not sure why this is a huge deal. They do put chlorine in that pool for a reason (even if it is less than the amount found in regular pools). Considering an Olympic-sized swimming pool contains a little over 660,000 gallons, a bit of pee isn't going to make much of a difference.

I've always hoped the above was true. I kinda swim with my mouth open when I'm relaxed and doing longish swims and occasionally drink pool water. I sure hope the chlorine neutralizes it. I've always felt like these types of matters were better off NOT discussed. It's just one more reason for people to think swimmers are CrAzY!

knelson
August 5th, 2012, 02:28 PM
One or two people peeing in the pool obviously is no big deal, but if you've got a public session with 100 or more people in the pool it's going to seriously degrade the water quality. Just get out of the pool and use the toilet for goodness sake!

Glenn
August 5th, 2012, 02:46 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urine

Don't know if this is correct, but it is informative and interesting.

nhc
August 5th, 2012, 04:02 PM
If you don't mind drinking other people's urine, you may be one step closer to qualifying for being an astronauts, who drink recycled urine (in space, though). But urine in chlorinated swimming pool produces the carcinogen Trihalomethanes (THMs). You may absorb more of this stuff if you are a "multiple offender".

TomK3
August 5th, 2012, 04:18 PM
In the entrance to the Yale pool in the 60s there was a drawing of a guy with a Y on his chest treading water in a toilet bowl with the caption "We don't swim in your toilet, don't you pee in our pool."

nhc
August 5th, 2012, 04:24 PM
In the entrance to the Yale pool in the 60s there was a drawing of a guy with a Y on his chest treading water in a toilet bowl with the caption "We don't swim in your toilet, don't you pee in our pool."

Would be nice to see such a sign at every public pool. (although it seems the guy did tread water in a toilet :D)

Fins25
August 5th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Well fair to say this is quite a disgusting topic, but it got me to read every post! (maybe there is something wrong with me). Very entertaining everyone :applaud:

nmcgrady
August 5th, 2012, 09:25 PM
haha...anyone that has trained competitively has done this! if you were really good you could go in the middle of a 25! someone said earlier that you dont want to get out in the middle of a set...youre right! this is probably the oldest "swimming" debate though, love it!:)

guppy
August 5th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Good thing they waited till after Omaha to tell us.

__steve__
August 5th, 2012, 10:10 PM
I might be weird but I would rather not swim around in everyone's piss. Fresh urine from a healthy person is sterile but quickly spoils because it's loaded with microbial nutrients. But that's what chemicals are for, right? Pathogens are dead which is good, but now we're swimming in the chemical waste that remain, or decontamination by-products (DBP).

DBP's are:
[LIST=1]
1- dichloroacetonitrile: known carcinogen
2- Bromodichloromethane: may effect kidneys and liver, by ingestion. Possible carcinogen
3- Chloroform: a useful solvent
4- 1,1,1-trichloropropanone: toxic
5- chloral hydrate: schedule 4 sedative (is this why swimming is addictive?)

Glenn
August 5th, 2012, 10:19 PM
There is also dead skin, saliva that leaks out when you breathe and hair. If I go on, I'll have the pool to myself...

__steve__
August 5th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Or the poop from everyone's unclean butt.

gdanner
August 5th, 2012, 10:49 PM
I rarely swallow pool water, but in the event that you do, I don't think it's a problem so diluted.

There are also tons of stories of people who survived by drinking their own urine when they were stranded or trapped somewhere.

There are two well known fighters who drink their own urine, on purpose. Boxer Juan Manuel Marquez and UFC former Light Heavyweight Champ, Lyoto Machida.

Then there's Jorge Posada, former catcher with the Yankees, who peed on his own hands regularly to "toughen" them up.

It's magical.

ElaineK
August 6th, 2012, 12:58 AM
:lmao: or :eek: ? I'm not sure what to think about this thread! I've been off the Forums for a couple of days while I was at a swim meet, so I just read this thread all at once. I think I have to go p... :bolt:

Celestial
August 6th, 2012, 09:24 AM
While I find this disgusting, I also know that it is a fact of life. My son laughs at me & says "everyone" on the team - his club team & college team - does this. Yuk. Grow up. However, gotta say, at least Lochte cannot be blamed for this:
http://www.sportspickle.com/news/13363/olympic-pool-cleared-out-due-to-floating-turd

Nasty Nasty Nasty!

knelson
August 6th, 2012, 10:17 AM
There are two well known fighters who drink their own urine, on purpose. Boxer Juan Manuel Marquez and UFC former Light Heavyweight Champ, Lyoto Machida.

Don't forget these guys have been punched in the head repeatedly...

smontanaro
August 6th, 2012, 10:22 AM
What do you 10k postal swimmer types do? For me, the 10k is well over three hours. Even if I was fast enough to swim, say 2:45, that would be a long time to go without peeing while swimming...

Chris Stevenson
August 6th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Who cares, Ryan Lochte is allowed...he's beautiful.:D

Whatever you might want to say about him, he seems to have some trouble managing his media image. His two biggest stories of the Olympic games seems to have been: (a) his mother being interviewed about his one-night stands (that's just wrong on so many levels) and (b) urinating in the pool. Maybe he picked up new sponsorship from Trojan and Depends?

I guess I misunderstood, when he said "this is my time" I didn't realize he was referring to his need for a nature break. :bolt:

gdanner
August 6th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Whatever you might want to say about him, he seems to have some trouble managing his media image. His two biggest stories of the Olympic games seems to have been: (a) his mother being interviewed about his one-night stands (that's just wrong on so many levels) and (b) urinating in the pool. Maybe he picked up new sponsorship from Trojan and Depends?

I guess I misunderstood, when he said "this is my time" I didn't realize he was referring to his need for a nature break. :bolt:

Don't forget the other big one: c) his $25,000 grill and not being allowed to wear it on the podium.

And now d) his parents foreclosure on their house: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/olympics-2012/olympic-swimming-medalist-ryan-lochte-parents-facing-debt-foreclosure-florida-home-article-1.1128957

quicksilver
August 6th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Both interviews were taken completely out of context. The media immediately twisted both his and his mom's words and made him out to be the ladies man with a touch of incontinence.

That said, he's never going to live down the pool pissing even if other Olympians do it but don't care to admit it.

poolraat
August 6th, 2012, 11:24 AM
What do you 10k postal swimmer types do? For me, the 10k is well over three hours. Even if I was fast enough to swim, say 2:45, that would be a long time to go without peeing while swimming...

I did the postal 10k last year and it wasn't an issue even though I was in the water for just over 3 hours. And I was drinking 8 oz water every 2k.

Sojerz
August 6th, 2012, 11:54 AM
I did the postal 10k last year and it wasn't an issue even though I was in the water for just over 3 hours. And I was drinking 8 oz water every 2k.

I can't imagine swimming 10k continuous in a 25y/m pool (1650/1500 seems like enough), although im tempted to try a 100x100. Unless i was cold, nervous or overhydarted i think id make 3hrs swimming without having to go - you are sweating and using up water for metabolism, and unless you are just cruising you are probably using more water than you are taking in and probably slowing down your kidneys.

I don't go in the pool, but from what ive read and heard, i think many AGers and college swimmers aren't getting out to go during practices.

In open water i think everybody just goes in the water, ive had to pee in my wet suit many times while surfing and more recently swimmming - it warms you up :) or you can let a little water in to move it thru - hose or shower after you get out, so dogs do't think you're a walking hydrant.

A friend growing up with a back yard pool (these weren't very common in the 50s) had a sign that read: "I won't swim in your toilet, if you don't pee in my pool."

quicksilver
August 6th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Well he can rest easy now.

http://www.sportspickle.com/news/13363/olympic-pool-cleared-out-due-to-floating-turd

But U.S. Swimming director John Leonard believes a Chinese swimmer made the pool dookie.
“You know how Chinese swimmers are,” he said. “Drug doping. Pooping. All signs point to them.”

__steve__
August 6th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Well he can rest easy now.

http://www.sportspickle.com/news/13363/olympic-pool-cleared-out-due-to-floating-turdThe country guilty of that deserves it as their medal
:shakeshead:

smontanaro
August 6th, 2012, 12:36 PM
I can't imagine swimming 10k continuous in a 25y/m pool ...

The 10k is LCM, but I doubt the reduction in walls would affect your bladder all that much. :-)

knelson
August 6th, 2012, 12:39 PM
The country guilty of that deserves it as their medal

Come on guys, this is parody. It's not real!

Rob Copeland
August 6th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Come on guys, this is parody. It's not real!
What?!?!
So next you’ll tell me their story “U.S. Women's Gymnastics Team Inspires Tiny, Muscular Girls Across the Nation” isn’t real either. Darn, I was inspired by the 2 foot tall girl from Spokane.

“Our little Kendra is 9 years old and only two-feet tall,” said Mindy Matthews of Spokane, Wash. “We assumed she would have to live with us forever because someone so tiny and with such a squeaky voice is unlikely to ever get married or have a career. But now we all have a goal thanks to those ripped sprites of the gymnastics team. Thanks, little ladies!”

knelson
August 6th, 2012, 01:10 PM
No, that story is legit, Rob :)

quicksilver
August 6th, 2012, 01:30 PM
If it's in print it has to be true. :)

“Our little Kendra is 9 years old and only two-feet tall,” said Mindy Matthews of Spokane, Wash. “We assumed she would have to live with us forever because someone so tiny and with such a squeaky voice is unlikely to ever get married or have a career. But now we all have a goal thanks to those ripped sprites of the gymnastics team. Thanks, little ladies!”

Charge
August 6th, 2012, 02:55 PM
All that snot floating around poses a far greater health risk than pee

__steve__
August 6th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Come on guys, this is parody. It's not real!Oh, thank goodness:)

no200fly
August 6th, 2012, 03:24 PM
That may not be true - but this is; Phelps vs. Bolt for fastest man in the world!
http://www.sportspickle.com/news/13469/usain-bolt-and-michael-phelps-agree-to-a-match-race-in-a-marsh

tpost2
August 7th, 2012, 09:22 AM
One or two people peeing in the pool obviously is no big deal, but if you've got a public session with 100 or more people in the pool it's going to seriously degrade the water quality. Just get out of the pool and use the toilet for goodness sake!

totally agree. I won't say I've never done it (swimming around an anchored boat in the middle of a lake with no toilet in sight), but growing up with a backyard pool and others who had them, I was trained early to just go find a bathroom (having flashbacks now "please don't pee in our pool... we don't swim in your toilet"). I mean, seriously, how lazy are we?

no200fly
August 7th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Both interviews were taken completely out of context. The media immediately twisted both his and his mom's words and made him out to be the ladies man with a touch of incontinence.

That said, he's never going to live down the pool pissing even if other Olympians do it but don't care to admit it.

Maybe Lochte should decline some interviews:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6dlyCTswYH0

gobears
August 7th, 2012, 10:04 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6dlyCTswYH0

Ouch.

nhc
August 7th, 2012, 05:42 PM
So is it also ok to blow nose, spit, or rinse one's long, dirty and smelly hair, in the pool? (I've seen all of them.) Why not, the chlorine will kill it. That's what the chlorine is for!

Last Saturday I found our pool water in such bad quality that the underwater visibility was about 2 feet. The next day it was much better. I had never realized what the Saturday crowd could do to the pool. This was especially since I had just swum in a great, truly crystal-clear pool while on vacation.

That Guy
August 8th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Ouch.

http://cheezburger.com/6492176384

gdanner
August 8th, 2012, 01:55 PM
http://cheezburger.com/6492176384

I get the feeling that you browse the deep, dark recesses of the internet. :)

quicksilver
August 8th, 2012, 02:00 PM

Well sports caster material he's certainly not. Rowdy's job is safe for now.

In a recent Ryan Seacrest interview he said that he was looking for a nice girl to marry. Look no more. :)

Miss Teen USA 2007 - South Carolina answers a question - YouTube

That Guy
August 8th, 2012, 02:05 PM

Cheezburger? REALLY?

Anyway, more Lochte

http://theclicker.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/08/08/13181482-agent-ryan-lochte-fielding-multiple-reality-tv-offers (http://theclicker.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/08/08/13181482-agent-ryan-lochte-fielding-multiple-reality-tv-offers2760)

That Guy
August 8th, 2012, 07:02 PM
oh my

http://www.sportsmemes.net/meme/819

gdanner
August 8th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Cheezburger? REALLY?

Anyway, more Lochte

http://theclicker.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/08/08/13181482-agent-ryan-lochte-fielding-multiple-reality-tv-offers (http://theclicker.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/08/08/13181482-agent-ryan-lochte-fielding-multiple-reality-tv-offers2760)

Haha not from there, just the general impression I get. Great links.

Glenn
August 9th, 2012, 11:11 PM
http://www.justjared.com/2012/08/09/ryan-lochte-pee-in-the-pool-sketch-for-funny-or-die/

OMG, go (ooops) Ryan!!!:banana:

Celestial
August 10th, 2012, 09:53 AM
http://www.justjared.com/2012/08/09/ryan-lochte-pee-in-the-pool-sketch-for-funny-or-die/

That is sick sick sick & extremely hilarious!

That Guy
August 11th, 2012, 06:04 PM

tee hee http://xkcd.com/591/

coffeegirl
August 13th, 2012, 10:58 PM
A few years ago I was on deck volunteering at a very big and prestigious meet full of college swimmers and a few Olympians. I was a drug escort so needed to be within close proximity to my swimmer until they went to be tested. During the few minutes of waiting time between the race and medal ceremony I heard, "Why are you back in the pool?" "I have to pee!"

On our team there have been numerous discussions about which pool has great gutters to sit in so it does not look like you are going vs the pools with little drains etc... Trust me, they are all going in the pool!

tjrpatt
August 14th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Here is a link to Lochte's post Olympic acting gig.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2012/08/14/fresh-off-of-his-five-medal-wins-from-the-2012-london-olympics-ryan-lochte-races-over-to-90210-196300/20120814cbs01/