PDA

View Full Version : How much will you watch now?

orca1946
August 5th, 2012, 12:34 AM
With swimming over, how much of the other sports will you watch?

swimshark
August 5th, 2012, 06:14 AM
I will flip back and forth during prime time still. I enjoy the track and field. But during the day, I will keep watching. I love seeing the sports that we normally don't see. My 7 year old and I watched fencing the other day (Oregon girl was in the match) and now he wants to try fencing. I want to expose him to new sports and see which ones he likes.

quicksilver
August 5th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Usain Bolt's 100 meter dash is a big reason to keep watching. :applaud:

ElaineK
August 5th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Usain Bolt's 100 meter dash is a big reason to keep watching. :applaud:

I'm watching it every night; I love the Olympics! I'm not much into watching the TV, but I'm glued to the TV during the Olympics- except during commercials when I'm on the Forums. :D

Did anybody watch whitewater kayaking? It was awesome! :banana:

chowsh
August 5th, 2012, 10:59 PM
thank gosh the swimming is over; there's just too much olys coverage nowadays! time to get back to routine and all the stuff i've put off while glued to the tv and internet every night for the past week...:bed:

hey elaine! congrats to your boy cullen on his first individual medal!:cheerleader:

Allen Stark
August 5th, 2012, 11:49 PM
What has happened to the men's long jump? It has been 2 decades since anyone broke 29',almost no one has gone 28' and the winner this year barely broke 27'.

ElaineK
August 6th, 2012, 01:01 AM
thank gosh the swimming is over; there's just too much olys coverage nowadays! time to get back to routine and all the stuff i've put off while glued to the tv and internet every night for the past week...:bed:

hey elaine! congrats to your boy cullen on his first individual medal!:cheerleader:

I was so proud of him! Winning his first individual medal? :banana:. Silver? :applaud:, beating Cielo? PRICELESS! :thewave:

Maui Mike
August 6th, 2012, 01:58 AM
What has happened to the men's long jump? It has been 2 decades since anyone broke 29',almost no one has gone 28' and the winner this year barely broke 27'.

Ashton Eaton went 27' during his record setting decathlon effort at the trials. I thought that was pretty impressive (along with his other marks) but like you was surprised at the lack of improvement on the world stage in this event. Maybe Usain Bolt should give it a try?

Chris Stevenson
August 6th, 2012, 12:16 PM

Two possibilities mentioned in a Slate article (http://www.slate.com/blogs/five_ring_circus/2012/08/03/long_jump_olympics_why_do_the_best_long_jumpers_in _the_world_seem_to_be_jumping_shorter_distances_.h tml):
-- you need speed, and sprinting is more lucrative than jumping
-- previous performances were due to PEDs, and track is cleaner now.

swimshark
August 6th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Did anybody watch whitewater kayaking? It was awesome!

I have watched it but I missed this story until today http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/londonspy/kayaker-slapped-penalty-own-mother-132709665.html

Maybe it's the lack of speed suits now :bolt:

Lui
August 7th, 2012, 02:30 PM
I kinda lost interest now that swimming is over...