PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Florida from WI and need INFO!!!

zestyfrog7
December 6th, 2003, 10:58 PM
Hi....I am moving from Milwaukee, WI to the Naples, FL area and need some information. I want to join a US masters team but can't really find much information. I was wondering if anyone in the area could help me out with who to contact and get the ball rolling. I will be moving there in two weeks and have never actually even been there. So if anyone out there can help it would be greatly appreciated...Thanks. :confused: :confused:

Susan
December 7th, 2003, 07:23 PM
I think you'll find helpful information at www.swimflorida.org

billfred
December 9th, 2003, 07:41 AM
In April I am moving to Summerfield, Fl., which is between Ocala and Leesburg. Is there a USMS club anywhere in that area? I wrote an e-mail to a lady in The Villages, Fl. but the message would not go through.

jean sterling
December 9th, 2003, 07:15 PM
How old are you? The Villages is a retirement communty for folks over 50.

billfred
December 9th, 2003, 07:34 PM
Jean: I am 71 and counting!

jean sterling
December 9th, 2003, 09:46 PM
I live on the east coast of Florid about 90 miles from The Villages.

The Villages sponsored a usms recognized swim meet at the Florida Senior games just last week where I learned a little about The Villages. The Villages is a large (poplulation 25,000 and growing fast) complex set in the middle of rural Florida.

The meet was held in a brand new pool, which is a full 8 lane 25 yard pool. I was told that they have a masters swim team with about 40 members and that they work out regularly. I saw some of them at meets in Orlando in August and October. This is all I know, which isn't a whole lot. I don't know when they work out, but it is no doubt in this pool which is on Villages property.

I think there might be a masters team in Ocala, and I know there is one in Gainesville, which most likely isn't all that close to where you are going to be.

zestyfrog7
December 9th, 2003, 09:58 PM
Grrrr...I started this forum asking for help and out of all the replys only one has actually been to help me. Why has this suddenly changed into someone elses thread??? I was looking for help in the Naples area which is no where near Ocala or whatever you are talking about and all of a sudden all that is talked about is some retirment community....what happened to starting your own thread on that subject??? Sorry but I am a bit annoyed to get emails that someone has responded to my thread but all it is is someone else discussing unrelated stuff. It is very easy to start your own thread so go do it with a heading of need help to find info in OCALA. Just needed to vent.

Glenn
December 9th, 2003, 10:59 PM
Go to the USMS Forum, Places to Swim. There are two listed in Naples, Florida.

Golden Gate Aquatic Complex
3300 Santa Barbara Blvd
Naples 941 353-7128

and

YMCA of Naples
5450 YMCA Rd
Naples, Florida
941 597-3148

Good Luck in your new area!:cool: