PDA

View Full Version : One downside of Olympic swimming

smontanaro
August 10th, 2012, 12:06 AM
Like most of you, my non-swimming wife and I watched a lot of Olympic swimming last week. Over the weekend we went up to her family's house on the west coast of Michigan, and Saturday morning I went for a swim, north for awhile, then reversed to the start. Map My Whatever told me 0.8 miles. Ellen walks up the beach (keeping an eye on me). I didn't notice she was there until I had turned around. When I saw her, I stopped briefly. She yells out from the shore, "I don't see any kicking!" Damn you Ryan Lochte (and Michael Phelps, and Missy Franklin, and Matt Grevers, and ...)!

pwb
August 10th, 2012, 12:50 AM
Like most of you, my non-swimming wife and I watched a lot of Olympic swimming last week. Over the weekend we went up to her family's house on the west coast of Michigan, and Saturday morning I went for a swim, north for awhile, then reversed to the start. Map My Whatever told me 0.8 miles. Ellen walks up the beach (keeping an eye on me). I didn't notice she was there until I had turned around. When I saw her, I stopped briefly. She yells out from the shore, "I don't see any kicking!" Damn you Ryan Lochte (and Michael Phelps, and Missy Franklin, and Matt Grevers, and ...)!
Have her watch the 10K tomorrow so that, the next time she does that, you can yell back, "I don't see you out here on a boat with my feeding stick!"