PDA

View Full Version : Boston Sharkfest This Sat (9/22)

gigi
September 18th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Is anyone out there going to be at the Boston Sharkfest this weekend? Let yourselves be known and we can meet up and say Hi

I'm super psyched about this event

gigi

slknight
September 18th, 2012, 06:49 PM
I'm signed up, but for some reason am not really looking forward to it. I'm in a bit of a funk and it seems like a hassle for only a 1-mile swim. :badday: I'm trying to get motivated though.

gigi
September 19th, 2012, 07:45 PM
I'm driving in from Worcester and it does seem a bit of a drag for just a one mile swim, but the utter nuttiness of swimming in Boston Harbor is a big draw for me.

I hope you rally and come on out this Sat. Do you live near me? Want to carpool?

ullahe
September 20th, 2012, 05:14 PM
I'm swimming it and am really excited. It's always fun to participate in an inaugural swim. Have done the Alcatraz Sharkfest and it was a very well organized event.

gigi
September 21st, 2012, 05:02 PM
Have fun! The water is going to be a little colder than I was expecting, but it's still going to be one great swim!

jgale
October 6th, 2012, 02:54 PM
It was a bit cloudy in the morning but otherwise the conditions were great. The race was well organized and a lot of fun. The waves were a bit chaotic, however, as they were not assigned. I tried for Wave 2 but missed the cut off count. I had to swim around a number of people on the way in. Besides that minor blip, it was a great race. Clam chowder and a choice of Smuttynose products finished the morning off nicely. I will do it again.

ViveBene
October 7th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Water temp?

Number naked versus rubber? :)

Thanks!

(BTW, Lake Michigan has fallen below 60 degrees on its downward cline.)

jgale
October 10th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Low 60s. Went with my wetsuit. Ocean temps in Maine dropped to high 50s or so this week.