PDA

View Full Version : Problem with swim team

Nichollsvi
January 22nd, 2013, 07:48 AM
Hi,

I am in a quandary. I paid for a shirt for the 2012 Check Off Challenge. I've tried a number of emails to the contact person and group. No shirt. I can't even get someone to confirm they sent it, etc. Supposedly the last set of shirts were going out on Jan. 10th, but I've never received mine.

In a nutshell, what recourse do I have? I worked hard for that. Under the circumstances, does US Masters, as an organization, have any way of helping us in a problem like this?

This is my first experience with US Masters, and obviously, its not been positive.

Victoria

Cokie
January 22nd, 2013, 09:27 AM
Hi Victoria

Gosh, I am so sorry to hear of your experience. While I didn't do the 2012 Check Off Challenge, I and my team did the 2011 one, and it did take awhile to get our shirts. These Check Off Challenges are run by the "host" team, not USMS. And, it is generally done by volunteers on the team in their spare time. Sometimes the t-shirt requests come in droves and they get back logged. I'm hoping that is the case here. I'll see if I can do anything to help contact someone to get your shirt sent out to you. Hang in there and wear your shirt proudly when it arrives. You earned it!

Nichollsvi
January 22nd, 2013, 12:37 PM
Hi,

Thanks for your help!!

Totally not what I was expecting. I understand they had some "issues" but the last message I got said everything would be out 1/12. They wouldn't even confirm that my name was on the list of items to go out.

I got my 2013 shirt already! YAY to Alaska.

My only thing is that if there are problems, then notify someone, do something so that stuff isn't just dropped. We can all work together, but it seems this didn't happen. The nicest thing about the swimmers I know is that they're helpers. Even at times when I've not asked, they've helped. I can deal with messups, but when there's no asking for help and no response, I gotta draw the line.

I sure intend to wear mine proudly. I'm not one of the "swimming since I was 3" people. I'm not that fast, but I worked for everything I got. Swimming helped me to lose over 100 pounds. The sport and people are great. When you work that hard and have that much invested in it, it means a lot.

Especially as that is the first shirt I earned in swimming. Truly earned. My Mom and sister can't swim, and I learned fear of the water. It took a lot to overcome it just to do freestyle.

Of course that 800 IM for the 2013 challenge was something else! I can't believe any swimmer would think of that unless they were tortured! ROFL.

Victoria

Allen Stark
January 22nd, 2013, 01:35 PM
Congratulations on earning the T shirt and extreme congratulations for the weight loss.Amazing.:bouncing::bouncing::bouncing:.

Nichollsvi
January 22nd, 2013, 01:44 PM
Thanks! I blame my coworker Bruce for it. He's a swimmer, got me into it. It took off from there.

orca1946
January 22nd, 2013, 06:29 PM
Congrats on becoming a swimmer & "earning" your 1st award {shirt} Good job!

Nichollsvi
January 25th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Thanks! I've earned it but not gotten it. Even though I paid for it!

Vic

Congrats on becoming a swimmer & "earning" your 1st award {shirt} Good job!

jodysf
January 27th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Victoria,

You should have received a email from the host of the 2012 Check-Off Challenge on January 23 following up with anyone that hasn't received their event shirt. Please let me know if you didn't receive the email and if you have any additional problems with receiving your 2012 Check Off Challenge T-Shirt.

Sincerely,
Jody

Jody Smith
USMS VP of Community Services
vpcommunityservices@usms.org

Nichollsvi
January 27th, 2013, 10:14 PM
I sent them an email in response to that Jan. 23rd email, but never heard anything from them. The email I got said Jan. 10th "trust me" they would have everything out. I trusted them, no shirt. We'll see if I receive anything this week, since supposedly Jan. 27th they would send everything out.

I think it would simply be easier for them to check my name on a list somewhere, because I got my stuff in Nov 1, the last day and if I haven't gotten it, neither has any one else.

I appreciate you all following up. I suggested to the host that they have someone help them out or could someone else in the club help them out (I believe in December), and again, no response to my suggestion.

Victoria

Victoria,

You should have received a email from the host of the 2012 Check-Off Challenge on January 23 following up with anyone that hasn't received their event shirt. Please let me know if you didn't receive the email and if you have any additional problems with receiving your 2012 Check Off Challenge T-Shirt.

Sincerely,
Jody

Jody Smith
USMS VP of Community Services
vpcommunityservices@usms.org