PDA

View Full Version : Nike cutout suit - no lining?

katelynsaint
January 22nd, 2013, 09:57 PM
Hi all:

I've been wearing Nike cutouts and spiderbacks for a while now, and prefer the 100% poly. But the lining always ends up getting screwy. So I found a standard Nike poly cutout in a medium blue, but there's no lining and I'm not sure now if this will end up getting see through?

Thanks!
Kate

swimmieAvsFan
January 23rd, 2013, 09:59 AM
The regular cut Nike polys (I'm assuming you mean the ones with the thin straps) have never had linings in them, other than the red ones. I've worn them for over a decade and none of the colors have ever gone see-through.

debaru
January 23rd, 2013, 11:46 AM
The regular cut Nike polys (I'm assuming you mean the ones with the thin straps) have never had linings in them, other than the red ones. I've worn them for over a decade and none of the colors have ever gone see-through.
Hey, Miss Kate! Welcome to the Forum. Sure do miss you here in AZ.

swimslick
January 23rd, 2013, 03:46 PM
Hi all:

I've been wearing Nike cutouts and spiderbacks for a while now, and prefer the 100% poly. But the lining always ends up getting screwy. So I found a standard Nike poly cutout in a medium blue, but there's no lining and I'm not sure now if this will end up getting see through?

Thanks!
Kate

The color won't fade, so it wont become see-though in that regards. But since there is no lining and the material is therefore much thinner, it tends to accentuate all your bits and pieces.... if you know what I mean ;) Personally I stick to black for this reason lol. But its not like there's ever much left to the imagination among us swimmers anyway!

Britt03
January 23rd, 2013, 04:09 PM
I've been swimming all throughcollege with those Nike suits. None of them have ever become see-through, nor have they lost their shape. The only reason I had to eventually throw them out is because the seams started to become loose and dissolve.
This normally happened at the end of a long season with 2-a-days wear and tear for the suit. Not that you are thinking this happens immediately.