PDA

View Full Version : What's annoyin...

sok454
January 30th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Its getting all pumped up for a swim workout and showing up to the Y and the pool being closed due to the storms we had. WTF.... annoying. So I just did some land work. Although I ordered some jammers and new goggles yesterday and they should be here tonight so if I get to go this will be my first practice wearing jammers.... man are the members of the Y lucky to see me in them!!

pendaluft
January 30th, 2013, 11:59 AM
It is annoying.
Most annoying is to be there at 5:30 am and the lifeguard has alarm clock problems..so you wait, or go home.

sok454
January 30th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Yeah I hung around and lifted and stretched and did some abs for about 90 minutes. Nope... never opened it back up...

ekw
January 30th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Its getting all pumped up for a swim workout and showing up to the Y and the pool being closed due to the storms we had. WTF.... annoying. So I just did some land work. Although I ordered some jammers and new goggles yesterday and they should be here tonight so if I get to go this will be my first practice wearing jammers.... man are the members of the Y lucky to see me in them!!

This reminds me of a realization I had recently.

I am a librarian at a university and as part of my job I teach library classes (basically, once a semester a class might come in to learn what they should use for research other than Wikipedia.) Not that long ago there was a student in one of the classes who looked really familiar and I was trying to place him. I asked him if he'd been in one of my classes before and he said he hadn't but that he studies in the library a lot. I knew that wasn't how I recognized him and he seemed sort of flustered, but it wasn't until I got to the pool at the university rec center later that day that I realized he's one of the lifeguards who regularly sees me in a bathing suit. I flashed back to how mortified I was as a college student lifeguard when my English professor would come swim laps in a Speedo and came to the realization that I am now mortifying the next generation of college students!

:cane: :banana:

sok454
January 30th, 2013, 01:41 PM
I told my wife she'd get a free show first... She said she was excited... she lies a lot.

jaadams1
January 30th, 2013, 06:59 PM
I knew that wasn't how I recognized him and he seemed sort of flustered, but it wasn't until I got to the pool at the university rec center later that day that I realized he's one of the lifeguards who regularly sees me in a bathing suit. I flashed back to how mortified I was as a college student lifeguard when my English professor would come swim laps in a Speedo and came to the realization that I am now mortifying the next generation of college students!

:cane: :banana:

At least the "didn't recognize you with your clothes on" joke didn't come up. :)

orca1946
January 30th, 2013, 07:10 PM
In our world , that would be a good thing that they see you still out there swimming & staying in some shape over
the "oldsters" that do NOTHING!!

no200fly
January 30th, 2013, 09:34 PM
... up to the Y and the pool being closed due to the storms we had.

I've been looking for a waterproof photo flashthat I can put in my swim bag (to make the lifeguards think there is lightning)when our coach has one of those sets like an 18 x 100 descending ladder.

Celestial
February 1st, 2013, 10:06 AM
You need to troll down to the Swim Rant post. It's hilarious & you'll get a kick out of it. We all have those lovely days.

ekw
February 1st, 2013, 10:31 AM
I've been looking for a waterproof photo flashthat I can put in my swim bag (to make the lifeguards think there is lightning)when our coach has one of those sets like an 18 x 100 descending ladder.

I'd be happy to send you an audio recording of our marching band practicing from a distance. One lifeguard in particular likes to claim it's thunder.

orca1946
February 1st, 2013, 05:05 PM
Lightning for any reason will close our pool !

swimshark
February 2nd, 2013, 06:33 AM
Here's one for you. I was planning on a 2 hour, hard practice today. But my son "has" to do 1 chess tournament a year for his chess club at school. I registered him late and found out this morning that they accepted him. Now my 11-1 practice won't happen since I'll be at the tournament until 2pm. Darn.

no200fly
February 2nd, 2013, 08:56 AM
I'd be happy to send you an audio recording of our marching band practicing from a distance. One lifeguard in particular likes to claim it's thunder.

That might work. Just hide a speaker under the lifeguard stand...