PDA

View Full Version : Saudi Arabia

StewartACarroll
February 9th, 2013, 10:35 AM
I am going to Saudi Arabia with work on 24th Feb and will be visiting Medina and Jeddah and wondered if anyone else has any knowledge of pools in these cities? I have checked out the http://www.swimmersguide.com/query/Main1.cfm website but there is nothing for Medina. Any help is appreciated.

StewartACarroll
March 1st, 2013, 12:09 PM
I am still traveling in the region and will be in riyadh tomorrow night, but wanted to pass along my experience with pools in the region. I was unable to find any pools in medina, but stayed at a great Movenpick hotel in Jeddah(the pool is a weird shape but swimming from the two furthest points at least allowed me to do 6-7 strokes per length. I stayed At the Rotana media in Dubai and they had a great rood top 25m pool. It's narrow and a little warm but it has a black line down the middle and was great(although they can't get many swimmers because the little guy who is responsible for the pool did nothing but mop the floor where I turned, literally he mopped the ends for over an hour). I am heading back to Jeddah tonight so will swim early tomorrow morning in the Movenpick pool and then I have one day in Riyadh before heading back to Dubia before returning home. This week has not been a high yardage week by anyone's standard, but the pools I found at least meant I kept my aerobic base and the feel for the water.