PDA

View Full Version : World Master Champs

rafa
January 8th, 2004, 07:53 AM
Hey everybody,
I saw the qualifying times for the Champs in Italy but I does not say whether they are in 25 meters or 50 meters... or even yards.

Anybody knows?

Thanks

londoner62
January 8th, 2004, 08:17 AM
50 Meter Pools is the answer to your question.

Unfortunately I won't be going this year but i am getting ready for Edmonton the following year.

Paul

swim53
January 8th, 2004, 10:04 AM
What meet is in Edmonton?

swim53
January 8th, 2004, 10:10 AM
oops, I found it:
http://www.2005worldmasters.com/

Matt S
January 8th, 2004, 04:58 PM
Ooh! I like it, and it fits my schedule.

Anyone hear anything about plans to revive the Pan-Pac Masters meet? I was in Perth in 99 and had a terrific time. Are any of you folks on the left coast reading this? (wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more...) Or how about those dedicated people in Hawaii? You pulled off SCY Nationals, and you are centrally located for the U.S., Japan, Australia and New Zealand.

Matt

michaelmoore
January 9th, 2004, 12:07 AM
The people on the left coast are trying to get the XI FINA Masters World Championships - 2006 to Stanford.

We may be busy for a while.

michael

londoner62
January 9th, 2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by michaelmoore
The people on the left coast are trying to get the XI FINA Masters World Championships - 2006 to Stanford.

We may be busy for a while.

michael

That would work for me as I have family thereabouts but San Diego would suit the wife better!

I just read the following article http://www.usms.org/admin/conv03/worlds.pdf and may I wish you good luck

Paul

cinc3100
January 13th, 2004, 09:38 PM
What's with the left coast,Matt. Aren't you near Chicago Ill which was a left something at the end of the 19th century and it where the IWW, an anarchist group started. Anyway, I use to lived in Orange County CA which was known 30 years ago as the right coast. Its changed somewhat now.

kaelonj
January 14th, 2004, 12:03 PM
Cynthia,

I don't think political orientation was the implication in the "left coast" comment (I could be wrong). If you are looking/facing a map of the United States in a normal view (not upside down or reversed) the west coast would be on the left. (sounds simple enough)

cinc3100
January 14th, 2004, 05:02 PM
You may be Right, Jeff. But I think the New York times brought it up because LA was voting more like New York Ciy and La has changed from the mainly Middle Class Anglo town of the 1970's to being more like big cities back east more of a minority and lower and upper class enviroment.

Bert Bergen
January 14th, 2004, 05:12 PM
The left SIDE (of a map), not the left POLITICALLY.

Matt S
January 14th, 2004, 06:02 PM
Cynthia,

I was simply using it as an amusing nick-name to indicate the Pacific coast states. I loved being stationed in San Diego, liked NAS Lemoore, and was disappointed my next set of order did not send me back there. I did not really think of it in political terms, and as a fairly moderate, DLC-leaning Democrat, I would not use the political implication (which I did not occur to me at the time) as an insult.

Matt

Phil Arcuni
January 14th, 2004, 09:30 PM
Insult, what insult?

People here are really polite, that's why no one here calls the east coast the right coast.

cinc3100
January 14th, 2004, 10:21 PM
I work on the phone is it doesn't bother me with those back east in the larger towns like New York or Boston. Some of the east coast like New England remains me of Oregon and Washington,small town and rural. Vermont is a perfect example of that. The largest town there is much smaller than Long Beach.

sparx35
January 17th, 2004, 06:30 PM
forgive me but i havent quite grasped this thread??25m or 50 m times...champs????help..perhaps i had one to many filtered waters...:D