PDA

View Full Version : University of Denver pool?

tigerchik
February 18th, 2013, 10:05 PM
Does anyone swim here? I will be in Denver this Thurs - Sun and was thinking of heading over there Thurs. morning. I've never swum lcm before so I thought that though it would be a somewhat expensive cab fare, it would probably be worth it. From what I can garner online it's open 5-6am and 8:30-10:30 am for lap swim.

Failing that, there's a gym with a pool 3/4 mi from the hotel, and I'm bringing tethers... but the UD poo looks nice online..

smontanaro
February 18th, 2013, 10:22 PM
I will be in Denver...

Do you live at altitude? If not, prepare to bust a lung. :-)

smontanaro
February 18th, 2013, 10:27 PM
Do you live at altitude? If not, prepare to bust a lung. :-)

Answered my own question. See attached. Let the lung busting begin...

Bill Sive
February 19th, 2013, 12:36 AM
University of Denver Masters
http://www.du.edu/ritchiecenter/adultaquatics/index.html

squrt29
February 19th, 2013, 08:28 AM
That pool is great, check on-line for schedules and try it if you're in town. The light rail station is across the street and might work very well for you (nice system).

pwb
February 19th, 2013, 09:27 AM
It's a great pool. I swam there last summer while in town on business and loved it (http://s3-media4.ak.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/R_Y5YMJwOec-Ty2BNKtSaw/l.jpg); I had a car and it was easy to find, free parking, etc.

tigerchik
February 19th, 2013, 12:37 PM
I cannot WAIT to be at altitude! I think it will be fun...
The light rail system sounds useful. Can anyone give me a link to that? Do you know how close it goes to the City Center mariott? I grew up on an island in Maine then moved here (to Oregon) so this whole public transport thing is TOTALLY new to me.

I really appreciate the info!

tigerchik
February 21st, 2013, 04:22 PM
8k in U Denver pool this morning! First time I've ever swum lcm and it was AWESOME!!!!!

Michael Heather
February 21st, 2013, 05:40 PM
.. but the UD poo looks nice online..

Whatever floats your boat.

pwb
February 21st, 2013, 07:22 PM
8k in U Denver pool this morning! First time I've ever swum lcm and it was AWESOME!!!!!LCM virgin and you do 8K at altitude? Major these little bow-guys:bow::bow:

tigerchik
February 22nd, 2013, 01:41 PM
thanks! Figured if I were going to spend the $ on the taxi and day pass I should make it worth it

Ken Classen
February 22nd, 2013, 07:55 PM
I'm one of several Masters swim coaches at University of Denver, I'm glad you liked the pool. We do have a Masters Team workout Saturday morning, Feb 23rd at 9:30 am. The pool will be set for short course, we will do around 4000 yards, feel free to join us.

tigerchik
February 25th, 2013, 11:13 PM
Hi Ken - I will be back next year for the same conference and will be sure to drop in.