PDA

View Full Version : Goggle Dents

Celestial
February 26th, 2013, 06:55 PM
OK Ladies, Got a question for you. I have tried sooooo many different types of goggles, and it really doesn't matter which brand I select, I end up with dents on my face after practice. No, they are not too tight, no I do not get headaches. Problem is, I noticed today, that my "dents" were still there about 8 hours later!! Geez. That's almost permanent! Perhaps today I was a bit more dehydrated than usual, and I know as we age our skin become less springy and resilient, but this is ridiculous. What products do you use on your face to alleviate goggle dents ASAP? Currently I have some great Oil of Olay stuff (Regenerist?) but maybe I need to use something else BEFORE that? Thanks in advance . . . .

Bobinator
February 26th, 2013, 09:50 PM
I'm in my middle 50's and some days my dents never go away. For me I believe this is an age-related loss of fullness in my face and skin that is no longer elastic. I tried using mask like goggles to eliminate the lines. They worked out okay for about 6 weeks but then lost their seal and moved around on flip turns. I finally gave up and wear my goggles as loose as I can and just live with the face dents. If you find a good solution please share it, I'd love to not have these.

tigerchik
February 26th, 2013, 09:51 PM
I consider goggle marks an occupational hazard and will tell people that. I showed up to my masters thesis defense with goggle marks. :-)
Have you tried Swedish goggles? There's no sucking-to-face seal in that type of goggles so they shouldn't leave marks.

aguins
February 27th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Hey Robin et al......I use "Blue 70" Hydra-Vision Goggles. I got them in Omaha and I really think they are good. Less pressure on the head and no dent marks.

Bobinator
February 27th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Yay Ann! I'll order a pair today if you say they work for you. I've tried many different kinds but never a blue seventy.