PDA

View Full Version : Lack of Efficiency in BR

sok454
February 27th, 2013, 02:20 PM
So last night when I was doing some 25's at lower effort I was really focusing on keeping my core tight and not letting my legs drop as well as on my pushoffs really streamlining. What I learned was... I am very inefficient!!!

When I do sets at 90-95% effort of 25-50 I tend to come in at 19-20 for 25's and 42-43 for 50's with only push off starts...

After focusing on the above items and consciously thinking about them... i was turning in 24's at probably 50% effort... and 21's at 75%... even wilder was the fact I was not huffing and puffing. When I did my first set I looked up and thought I had misread the clock because I was so close to my normal "high effort" times.

Now this weekend I just need to be able to maintain the form and increase the effort I guess.... must be a fine line in there!

knelson
February 27th, 2013, 02:35 PM
After focusing on the above items and consciously thinking about them... i was turning in 24's at probably 50% effort... and 21's at 75%... even wilder was the fact I was not huffing and puffing.

I don't find this strange at all. That's just the way it is. There's a huge increase in effort required to go from an easy effort to a maximal effort, and a much smaller difference in time. Two seconds in a 25 is huge.