PDA

View Full Version : Parka Pants?

Coconut Pete
February 28th, 2013, 10:21 AM
I had a pair of these back in the early 90's, but they seem to have been discontinued awhile back. If you aren't sure what I am talking about, they were basically pants made from parka material on the outside, with a nice warm lining on the inside. They were perfect for after practice or at meets. You would pull them on and not only would they keep your legs warm, but whatever you sat on would stay dry. I hate getting the seats in my car wet after practice and would like something similiar to these. Does anyone have any suggestions?

ekw
February 28th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Those sound similar to the pants from my college warm ups, which I still have. They were made by Tru West. The outside wasn't quite the same as parka material, but it did a pretty good job of not letting the water seep through.

sok454
February 28th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Slap on some zippers and you've got parachute pants you can breakdance in and then go outside and ski in! Awesome!

ALM
February 28th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Looks like Tru West still makes them:

http://www.truwest.com/pants/index.html

E. Style TA5. TruArctic polar fleece pant. Elastic waist band with drawstring. Gathered lycra cuffs.

Quantity / Price
1 ............ $47
2 - 6 ....... $45
7 - 24 ..... $42
25 + ....... $40

ViveBene
February 28th, 2013, 04:02 PM
And very similar to fleecy-liner, outer shell pants for winter hiking (Marmot, etc.)

ekw
February 28th, 2013, 05:13 PM
And very similar to fleecy-liner, outer shell pants for winter hiking (Marmot, etc.)

When I lived in places where it actually snowed, I even used the old warm up pants for shoveling. :agree:

orca1946
February 28th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Look for cheap ski pants.

Coconut Pete
March 2nd, 2013, 11:03 AM
Thanks for all the great ideas and links. I am definitely going to look into getting a pair :)