PDA

View Full Version : Searching for a home

calm waters
March 12th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Recently moved to CA and looking for a one-stop facility such as a YMCA where I can swim and lift at the same outing. I work remotely so open to any geographic area other than the desert. There are a ton of great aquatic facilities and great workout "gyms" but I am having a tough time finding both in the same facility.

pwb
March 12th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Do you mean to say you're open to moving within CA to find the right gym plus pool combo?

If you work remotely and can live anywhere, I'd suggest you re-consider the desert and move to Scottsdale (technically, the desert, but there's so much green here you can easily forget that) or anyplace else in the country that has a Lifetime Fitness (www.lifetimefitness.com (http://www.lifetimefitness.com)). While the pools at Lifetime aren't top-of-the-line competitive racing facilities, they are a big step above typical healthclubs; the rest of the gym/cardio/yoga/pilates/racquetball/basketball/etc. at a Lifetime can suit almost any other workout need you might have.

Bill Sive
March 13th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Where in Calif?

Alpert Jewish Center in Long Beach has workout room plus pool.
Belmont Pool in Long Beach has workout room plus pool.
Bellflower Aquatic Complex in Bellflower has workout room plus pool.
Cerritos Olympic Swim and Fitness Center in Cerritos has workout room plus pool.

Long Beach and surrounding area, so many options!