PDA

View Full Version : Goals for the upcoming 6-8 weeks

sok454
March 13th, 2013, 05:06 PM
So we are only a little under 2 months away from Nationals in Indy. Some of us are approaching our State meets in the upcoming weeks and on our last few cycles of training.

Me personally for State I want to achieve a qualifying time for my age group in at least the 50fr and 50br. This will be my second meet in the last 27 years so I feel I can shave off a few seconds fairly easily in the 5-6 weeks before state. All of these improvements credited to the information I've gathered from the users on this site!

My goal for Nationals would be to get my times so I am atleast in the top 50 of my age and top 150 overall in my events. This goal will take a lot more work but I think is achievable!

So... what is everyone shooting for?

Boomerang
March 13th, 2013, 07:50 PM
I want to qualify for at least 2 events. Have meets over the next 2 weekends, so got to make them count!

Jimbosback
March 13th, 2013, 10:50 PM
My goal is to train regularly and beat last year's times at Nationals.

ElaineK
March 14th, 2013, 04:27 AM
I won't be going to Spring Nationals, however, I am going to LC in Mission Viejo. Although I technically (according to USMS guidelines) qualified already in the three breaststroke events, my goal is to re-qualify and live up to my NQT's at Nationals. In order to do that, I need to heal my:toohurt: thigh muscles once and for all, so I can train breaststroke more consistently. My next PT appointment is tomorrow and I am working towards that goal!

__steve__
March 14th, 2013, 07:00 AM
It took almost 4 years for me to NQ an event, but now it's a given for each course (in one event). But with your background it should be quite reasonable to get there soon.

My goals:

remain injury free
improve ankle flexibility
sharpen underwater streamline
maximize IIb type fast-twitch cells by August