PDA

View Full Version : Any Annapolitans out there? Which do you like NAAC or AAA?

GenaG
May 21st, 2013, 12:50 PM
I'm new to masters swimming and have fallen in love. Before two weeks ago I had no idea, and only barely knew masters swim programs existed.

Now, I've been to a little over one week of practice with the Anne Arundel Amphibians, and like the coaches, swimmers, facilities, etc. Before I commit to joining them, I was hoping to hear from any Naval Academy Aquatic Club swimmers. I live two blocks from the NAAC, and practice is pretty much priced equally and the times are the same.

On the one hand, I'm a little intimidated by all things Navy, and worry that as a group they'd be less fun. On the other, it's a very short walk, while the AAA club is a few miles away. I've liked pretty much everything about AAA, but how can I choose against a club 2 blocks away?

Any experience with these groups? Advice?

Thanks! My first post, yeah!

Britt03
May 21st, 2013, 03:37 PM
no experience with these groups specifically, but here is my advice:
go to a practice and get your own opinion :) Only you can find out where you feel comfortable and where not. Overall, we are all swimmers and I have never been to a Masters practice where people have not been nice and welcoming. especially to newbies!

Welcome to the Community!