PDA

View Full Version : Tips

TooPro
June 3rd, 2013, 11:11 AM
Anyone know where I can get some more advanced tips on my technique? I have a pretty good coach, but he's busy with other swimmers lots of times.
All I can find are garbage wikihow links...

Rob Copeland
June 3rd, 2013, 12:17 PM
I suggest finding a good swim camp in your area.

The problem with on-line technique tips and evaluations is they donít know your current stroke technique or swimming goals. So you often get a one size fits all solution; and in swimming one size does NOT fit all.

TooPro
June 3rd, 2013, 02:38 PM
I suggest finding a good swim camp in your area.

The problem with on-line technique tips and evaluations is they don’t know your current stroke technique or swimming goals. So you often get a one size fits all solution; and in swimming one size does NOT fit all.
I'm pretty young. But, once I returned to the pool, I've been getting around 29-30 seconds on my 50 free. This really ticks me off :/ I wanna be going 23-24 by next year. Is this plausible? And that 30 is after I had just lowered 2 seconds. My times have gone to crap since my coach wasn't allowing me to swim in the more competitive board until now. I'm improving every day again, but I really need to know if I can expect to be making this time by next year, if I'm dedicated.

Thanks man! I can't seem to find a swim camp in my area, I'll keep searching. Are there any good online resources? That would improve me even a bit, since I'm not able to access a swim camp currently.

Good part:
My coach is finally putting time into my swimming, because he knows what I'm trying to achieve.

Allen Stark
June 3rd, 2013, 04:05 PM
Post a video for us to comment on.

TooPro
June 3rd, 2013, 09:11 PM
Post a video for us to comment on.
I'll try and find one, and try to take some next meet I go to.