PatrickJM
June 21st, 2013, 12:05 PM
This will be a long meet, particularly if you're a backstroker :-(
http://www.finamasters2014.org/schedule.aspx

sunruh
June 21st, 2013, 02:22 PM
no different than italy was last year.

well, except for 2 "minor" differences:

1) there wont be 6000 italians entered (it was the largest meet every by almost double!)

2) there is only 1 pool and not 2. which means it may take an extremely long time for 1 event to finish.

ElaineK
June 21st, 2013, 06:51 PM
This will be a long meet, particularly if you're a backstroker :-(
http://www.finamasters2014.org/schedule.aspx

Thanks for the link, Patrick! Hey, I hope we get to swim on a relay together! Are you going to Maryland for Nationals, after Montreal? We are going to travel up to Quebec City during the break, and then fly to Maryland.

I hope to see you soon; Georgia Games, perhaps?

gdanner
June 22nd, 2013, 10:04 AM
Why are there only relays on Thursday? Seems silly to me. Looks like I basically have to take a week off of work if I want to swim my main events. That being said, if I'm going to be there, I might as well do a relay or two. As long as you're on the same country, you can do a relay together?

matysekj
June 22nd, 2013, 05:55 PM
As long as you're on the same country, you can do a relay together?
No, FINA does not allow this for Masters. All 4 relay members must be members of the same club. And to participate in Worlds, you must also represent a club (no unattached entries allowed).

sunruh
June 24th, 2013, 08:37 AM
No, FINA does not allow this for Masters. All 4 relay members must be members of the same club. And to participate in Worlds, you must also represent a club (no unattached entries allowed).

we (usms rules committee) just had to come up with an entirely new rule for fina and being unattached.

on july 24-26 fina will meet and vote on issues. we (usms) will find out if this new rule is needed or not. if so, it will have a confusing impact on how we (usa, canada, australia) does unattached.

in just over a month we all will know if last thursdays work was a waste of time or the correct measures that allow all usms racers to have valid times in meters meets.