PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else out there?

wetwolfe
January 21st, 2004, 09:25 PM
I have gathered from research that most USMS activity in Arkansas takes place in the NorthWest/Fayettville/Rogers area. That seems to be where most of the active swimmers are. Is there anyone else in the State that swims that would like to see more activity in central Arkansas?

I swim regularly, and would like to compete, but travel to the NorthWest is both costly and time consuming.

mboo87
February 20th, 2004, 09:16 AM
Yes we are out there in central Arkansas, there is a group of us that swim 5:30 am mon wed & fri at the Little rock racquet club. We have about 25 swimmers that work out consitantly.

Several us have competited at masters nationals.

I remember a Tom Wolfe that swam at the racquet club years ago?

For more info respond to MBoo87@aol.com

Mike Booth

swimminggirl
April 30th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Hi! I'm here in little rock,arkansas. I train at the little rock raquet club on monday and wed. nights from 6:30-7:30pm but, come june 6th, its going to be from 6-7pm. I'm looking for a free indoor public swimming pool to train at.
Sincerely, Swimminggirl

swimminggirl
May 16th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Is anyone going to the betonville,arkansas swim meet june 9th?
Sincerely, Swimminggirl

swimmergirl26
March 25th, 2010, 07:31 AM
hey all, I will be moving back to arkansas sometime this summer, I used to swim at the raquet club but moved due to a relationship and becoming a single mom and, I will be maybe moving half way between fort smith and little rock but don't know yet. I want to start a masters group because I don't have time to train myself with being a single mom now.
Signed, Bonnie

Kat Boyer
April 26th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Hi All, we actually just started a Masters training group in El Dorado at the HealthWorks Fitness Center. It's a great pool with great people and we are hoping to grow this program to big numbers within a year. We know there is a lot of interest but people need to adjust schedules, etc. I think once we get the team going the Aqauatic Director (Farrin Cain) would gladly support a meet, he was able to get funding for timing equipment and that is now installed but he wants to test it in a couple of local USA swim meets. So, hopefully you will hear more from South Central Arkansas in a couple of months. Mr. Henry is setting up accounts for us and we are exicited about coming to some local meets.
Kat